• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Putters

Rol6566

* Ace Member *
I have a question for you guys. What is the best Gateway Putter

Right now marshall street is having a special where if you spend $50+ you get a free putter

The choices are
Wizard
Warlock
VooDoo
Magic

Thanks for the help

The wizard is my favorite, I like it because it has a nice bead on the bottom. Also, very straight flyer for long tunnel shots, will hold the line if you put enough spin on it. I have not tried any of the others though, so my answer is bias. I kind of choose putters off of what rim feels comfortable in my hand, so I would see which one has the profile that you like, I know the wizard and voodoo have a bead, wizards is larger. And the Magic has a rim like an aviar.

I didn't like the VooDoo I bought in Evolution plastic. It feels too heavy and is pretty bouncy if you don't dead center the basket.

No the yellow chalky one, that smells like maple syrup

The Voodoo is a Wizard without the bead. This makes it slightly less stable and faster. Personally, I put with a Soft Voodoo and use a Soft Wiz off the tee and on approach shots. They are both fantastic discs. The Magic is really understable and has an odd rim. I don't care for this one as much.

The Voodoo is a Wizard without the bead. This makes it slightly less stable and faster. Personally, I put with a Soft Voodoo and use a Soft Wiz off the tee and on approach shots. They are both fantastic discs. The Magic is really understable and has an odd rim. I don't care for this one as much.

A Warlock is a Wizard without the bead. A Voodoo has a constant radius around the rim and not an angle at the bottom.

A Warlock is a Wizard without the bead. A Voodoo has a constant radius around the rim and not an angle at the bottom.

Thats what I was about to say looking at the 2, good call

I use S wizards, but they are a very grippy blend that feels like velvet! The two most popular is both the Wizard and Warlock, both have very close flight patterns and inside the circle most people wont even notice a difference. A good putter is what feels best to you. Now for jump putts, both the wizard and warlock will tail off at the end more than the voodoo and magic. Magics are the straightest out of the 4 and are good for long jump putts since they fly exactly where you want and have good glide so you can expand your putting range a little bit, and recently Nikko switched from wizards to magics and some locals have bought some from me the past few days, it looks as if it might soon be right next to the wizard in popularity.

I use S wizards, but they are a very grippy blend that feels like velvet! The two most popular is both the Wizard and Warlock, both have very close flight patterns and inside the circle most people wont even notice a difference. A good putter is what feels best to you. Now for jump putts, both the wizard and warlock will tail off at the end more than the voodoo and magic. Magics are the straightest out of the 4 and are good for long jump putts since they fly exactly where you want and have good glide so you can expand your putting range a little bit, and recently Nikko switched from wizards to magics and some locals have bought some from me the past few days, it looks as if it might soon be right next to the wizard in popularity.

Agreed. A good buddy of mine swears by the magic for jump putts. He uses a wizard for everything inside but th magic is his long range.
I tried one and didnt like it very much. I use my wizard for short, jumps, and upshots

most people like the wizard the best, i personally like the voodoo "first run" it has a good feel.

And yes......they smell GREAT!!!!

Agreed. A good buddy of mine swears by the magic for jump putts. He uses a wizard for everything inside but th magic is his long range.
I tried one and didnt like it very much. I use my wizard for short, jumps, and upshots

I can't get used to the bottom lip of the Magics rim, I am too used to the wizards bead so I just use my beat wizard for jump putts. Oh yeah, about that other forum, sorry for kinda going off, I got mad because I hear and see people always acting as if Gateway discs are P.O.S. just because Innova and Discraft seems to sell more because they have been around a lot longer. I just assumed you were one of those people since you were baggin on the Element, but seeing that you use some Gateway lets me know that you are not an Innova/Discraft fanboy. Good luck with the Wizards

Latest posts