• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Gateway vs. Vibram: Which has softer softs?

Disc Valet

So I've been thinking about getting new putter. I want something that will catch chains well or bounce off and just stick. Any advice??

At this point I'm liking the Omega. So far I've been using a dx Aviar.

I've seen Vibram putters that literally bend and droop down while you try to hold them flat with one hand. Like as soft as the Blowfly/Gumbputt. Gateway makes some pretty flexible putters in RFF, but they're not that ridiculous.

I've seen Vibram putters that literally bend and droop down while you try to hold them flat with one hand. Like as soft as the Blowfly/Gumbputt. Gateway makes some pretty flexible putters in RFF, but they're not that ridiculous.

So if you had to choose which one would you go for?

/thread.

I've held one of Kutz's soft vibrams and it is VERY soft. I can't speak for Gateway though, but this one wouldn't even stay in the shape of a disc when holding one side. It bends lol lol LOL

I've held one of Kutz's soft vibrams and it is VERY soft. I can't speak for Gateway though, but this one wouldn't even stay in the shape of a disc when holding one side. It bends lol lol LOL

It appears that vibram is of superior quality when compared to gateway. If you had to say it plainly?

I didn't get to throw it, but I saw kutz throw it and he did some good work with; he has really good form though. I'd make it flutter I bet

It would come down to your personal preference. I can't imagine having any luck with a putter that gummy since I have a hard enough time with SSS Wizards as it is. I would never attempt to throw the really gummy Vibrams. Some people look for just that flex though.

With my form I'd say having a vibram flutter would pretty much be a certainty. But based on these descriptions of the gumminess of the disc I think it would be quite the time trying one out!

Are there any disc shops near you? See if they have any softies and go give them a feel!

Yeah there's one not too far from where I live. It's a quaint little shop run by a couple. I'll make a point to stop by and see if they what they have

See if they have any blizzards in stock. Those light weight blizzards can bomb if thrown on an intense hyzer

As a matter of fact I think they do! Last time I was there the lady wouldn't stop talking about the new blizzards they had. Now I guess I'll have to check them out