• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Warrior

The inner rim being curved is a little awkward for some but I prefer it bc of my relatively average hands. If you can find some flat E warriors, you'll have the best sentinel replacement ever made.

Yes, that's exactly why I have an M Sentinel bagged... big hands but average fingers (all palm). As a Marquette fan, I'd love to have a Warrior to go along with my Eagle.

This thread makes me want to get a Warrior again. Gateway's lineup is really underrated and better than a lot of stuff coming out now lol

Dont know if you threw the Sure Grip or Evolution, but do you know if theres a big difference in flight and plastic between runs of Sure Grip?

Dont know if you threw the Sure Grip or Evolution, but do you know if theres a big difference in flight and plastic between runs of Sure Grip?

Sure grip is almost always stiff, chalky & flat topped.

The evolution runs are much more varied in feel and dome.

TY, glad to hear that the stability of Sure Grip is uniform between runs :D

Glad to hear this slight discussion for a great mold. You don't see a lot of guys even here in STL rocking the warrior, but those that do (or throw one of my many) really do enjoy them. The OS straight to fade mid is an incredibly crammed field, but for me...the Warrior does it all.

gateway spend so much of there time focusing on there putters (which are great don't get me wrong) that the rest of there discs get left behind. they have good solid disc at every level. before I went al in with vibram I cycled scouts through the bag they are a great mid that beat in really well.

Cycling is exactly what I intend to use it for and I hope it beats in great like the Roc. I really like that it is a little overstable to begin with so I can use it for shorter flicks when they are new. Really think that this mold has potential and would be very versatile in different stages of wear.

Reviving an old thread rather than creating a new one.

Has anybody cycled these into a straight with little fade disc?

Got mine in the mail. Yet to throw it. Super domy I don't like it, feels like it pops when you push down on it

S Warriors will lose some fade pretty quickly. Evo Warriors are nice and OS, but with good glide. My Evo's(2 pale orange) had only slight dome and flew really well. Kind of like a longer Wasp, faster with a little more range.

X-out misprint in evolution plastic for 7.99 can't really complain. Hopefully I can make use of somehow

S Warriors will lose some fade pretty quickly. Evo Warriors are nice and OS, but with good glide. My Evo's(2 pale orange) had only slight dome and flew really well. Kind of like a longer Wasp, faster with a little more range.

I have some milky whites that fit the description. Very nice discs. I am working a few S's in but haven't gotten any to show enough turn to pull a frozen rope with.

X-out misprint in evolution plastic for 7.99 can't really complain. Hopefully I can make use of somehow

How domey are we talking usually their mids aren't too extreme.

I'd grab those Evo's at $7.99. It's a nice disc for R-L drives and approach.

Fwiw was at gateway today and they had some relatively flat e karmas. They are getting ready to do more E discs. Warriors may follow.

I have some milky whites that fit the description. Very nice discs. I am working a few S's in but haven't gotten any to show enough turn to pull a frozen rope with.

How domey are we talking usually their mids aren't too extreme.

The S Warriors I have are that softer porous S blend, so they broke in pretty quickly. The 2 Evos were basically flat, with just a little raised area at the very center. I had a couple Evo Elements that were quite domey, didn't like them.

Thanks but I'm not using any Warriors anymore...production is too spotty and always a crap shoot with Evo and dome.

I feel you. I took a gamble. Need 8$ to make it to 50$ for free shipping, if I didn't I would went over like 55$ cause of shipping. So bought random disc