• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gator3 vs, MF, Glow?

Those flat "Ring of Gators" gators are the most OS I've seen. A good stiff older MF is a close second. The glow ones are pretty close also but that plastic tends to beat in faster. Haven't thrown or even seen the new g3's.

I will agree that the old MF are a close second to the Ring of Gators see thrown online and by a cousin, however the MF will have less glide. another OS is the old Flat top DX from 2000's, that was OS when new so much one can't throw those far. My brother until I got him the DX Stud was using a beat in DX Flat top for his putter. I got him the Stud for a putter and once the shorter under 30 feet beats in he will be using for his putter and other his approach disc. The MF Gator is his driving putter and windy day woods shot. I got him a G Star Gator for his longer approach then what he would use the less beat in DX Stud for or scary/hilly approach and then for even winder then the Stud putts unless he needs the MF for even more wind.

My experience is that newer MF are less OS than "regular" champ. I'm bagging a gator3 atm, It's flat and blunt nosed but not super OS. I have couple of glows on the way, i'll get back to you on that. If you want beef, CG Scott Withers are blunt, puddle topped bricks.

My experience is that newer MF are less OS than "regular" champ. I'm bagging a gator3 atm, It's flat and blunt nosed but not super OS. I have couple of glows on the way, i'll get back to you on that. If you want beef, CG Scott Withers are blunt, puddle topped bricks.

New MF are not so mega OS just about as much as regular Champion maybe a tad less but have less glide then the numbers more like 0.5-1 on glide rather then the 2 it really has. I see that with my brothers MF Gator dropping out of the sky much quicker when the disc starts visibly slowing down then the newer era XD Gator my brother had or plain non glow Champion ring of Gators my cousin had. Most OS were the old Flat top from the 2000's, my brother has a DX Gator he used as his putter back in that era up until 2018 when he started using the Stud I got him for a putter and before it was his putter it was as OS as a modern dome Champion or MF.

Last edited:
I am new to the world of Gators. I got a Ring of Gators thanks to this thread!

But, can someone shed any light on Innova's restocking of those super OS "Factory Store" Gators they have on the front page of their website currently? The ebay prices are a bit steep for my thin wallet.

I also have a Gator3 - I am assuming that is NOT the "blunt nose" configuration. Am I incorrect?

It's blunt compared to the MF Gators, can't say more than that..

G3's fly like ring of gators.
I'm convinced that the G3 is going to be a full production attempt at the Ring o gators run..
Did anybody else notice that innova didn't drop any ring of gators last September/October?
That was a yearly tradition for like 5 years.

I am new to the world of Gators. I got a Ring of Gators thanks to this thread!

But, can someone shed any light on Innova's restocking of those super OS "Factory Store" Gators they have on the front page of their website currently? The ebay prices are a bit steep for my thin wallet.

I also have a Gator3 - I am assuming that is NOT the "blunt nose" configuration. Am I incorrect?

bumping this thread to see if anyone has info on the Factory Store Gators... trying to determine how likely it is that Innova does another run of these, or if I will have to settle for ebay prices if I want one?

Where do beadless star gators fit in this stability line up?

I've thrown all gators and imo hands down, Withers glow are the most os. Period

Respectfully, this is entirely incorrect. In fact, I had a Glow Withers and a Factory Store Glow Gator in the bag yesterday. There is no comparison. The Withers Glow is NOT the same configuration. It is NOT as OS.

Look at the profiles of both versions. They are not the same.

I mean no offense. But, "hands down" suggests all information has been assessed fairly to make an outright, finalized/unquestionable determination. Compared to any stock run in any plastic, you are correct. Alas, you overlooked the most OS version. And, again, this is not an unknown.

Innova states it themselves!

Latest posts