• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get In The Hole - Episode FOUR

Nice work, my suggestion is find a windy day, stand next to the basket and throw a nose up floater into the wind so it goes up then comes back right into the basket, the farther the better.

ditto...

maybe see how far you can get a skip shot to go in. im talking a really far skip shot.

behind the back turbo? (above your head)

under the water turbo (just have you arm above the water, head submerged)

double ramp roller, ramp up on a picnic table then ramp off the picnic table, them in.

just spit-balling and to give suggestions...

Thanks a lot for the suggestions man, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Here's your behind the back turbo at 2:57 :hfive:

Last edited:
as was the thumber across the creek. do you know how many cubby throws it took on the thumber?

Dude, for some reason, that one got to me. I'm decent with my hammer, but I usually only use it for a layup or get out of trouble shot. I think that was around my 10th shot getting that one.

Did you get better at putting, video editing, or both?

This looks pro, especially compared to the last videos :)

\/\/

Thanks, picking up a few things along the way. I just have to work on making sure the disc stays in the shot the whole time.

I love 1-2-3 and 4. Awesome vids man!! Im wondering how much time you spend doing this? And how many throws do some of these shots take you before it goes in?

awesome! fun to watch, good ideas on some of the shots.

here's a couple ideas:

-anhyzer putts
-low-to-high putts, from bottom of hill/small cliff to top (I found myself in the spot the other day at a course with pretty extreme terrain -- and I drained the putt from about 15 ft. below the basket, it was one of the coolest putts i've made).
-windy putts -- something that will go past the basket and be carried back by the wind.... or some other wind effects
-more skippers! maybe even one off the water?!

I love 1-2-3 and 4. Awesome vids man!! Im wondering how much time you spend doing this? And how many throws do some of these shots take you before it goes in?

The real time consuming part of it all is finding the spots to take the shots. I keep my basket and camera in my car at all times just in case I pass somewhere where I'd like to take a shot. The last couple episodes didn't take so long since a lot of the shots were all along the same area. This one was basically done in two days, each day getting about 12 or so shots.

How many throws? It varies obviously, but for the most part, I'll get the shot with the first round at it (I carry about 10 putters with me for most of the shots). You can normally tell how long it took by my reaction:

Really excited fist pump or blank "what the..." - within the first three
Regular fist pump - First round
both arms up in the air saying "FINALLY" - who knows....