• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glenview, Illinois - new 10-holer!

The first three holes were a pleasant surprise, it was fun to check it out with you guys today. Those tees are really awful though.

I just put up a review, I put in there that better tees would easily raise my rating a half disc.

The baskets were glittering like diamonds on my drive up to work today. I should have a warm fuzzy feeling at least once a day now because of that.

Are they/you planning on leaving the baskets in year round, do you know?

Nice, can you see some of them from 294? That would be good exposure for the sport.

Oh yeah, for sure. #8 is the most prominent, and a few others are visible.

You gotta be looking for them of course.

Nice, guys, thanks for the reviews! Honestly, given the course's current conditions, an average of 1.5 stars was about what I had expected. Hopefully by next summer we'll improve some things...brick tees, trim some rough, alternate pins, and some landscaping.

Stopped by earlier today, teesigns are now on wooden posts, and there are markers around the practice basket. That was fast! :thmbup:

First round I birdied 1, 2, 9, and 10... But got a 5 on 3. Oops... :eek:

I'll be out here 4:30-5pm today for a couple rounds before running over for a poker night in Des Plaines. I will be the guy carry a blue/grey Silverback. PM me before 4PM if you want me to watch you.

I made it out there on Friday. Besides the woodchip teepads, it's not bad. I used the grass next to the pads where possible. The orange baskets are nice. :thmbup:

Plenty of room for alternate teepads out there as well. I am looking forward to seeing how this course develops over the next few years.

I played it last week It's a nice place. The only two things I disliked was the tee pads as others stated and I hated hearing the noise of 294 the whole time I was shooting.

I made it out there on Friday. Besides the woodchip teepads, it's not bad. I used the grass next to the pads where possible. The orange baskets are nice. :thmbup:

Plenty of room for alternate teepads out there as well. I am looking forward to seeing how this course develops over the next few years.

I'm worried that the area around all the pads is going to turn into gross mud from the erosion of people throwing from next to them.

That is possible, but there isn't much time left this year for considerable wear and tear. Hopefully the planned brick teepads will be installed early in 2012.

Are they pulling the baskets for the winter? The snow melting times are going to be the hardest on that grass if they don't.

Good question. I think Mr. Juanbond or one of the other course designers may be able to answer that.

I just remember reading about the planned brick paver teepads from the OP.

Latest posts