• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glide

black udder

* Ace Member *
ok... I used this disc for like, 2 holes on our course. Recently, I was playing with our course pro and he was saying how much he liked it for a variety of shots.

Well, with the way I've been throwing lately (slowly trying to improve form), I'm able to take the Glide and throw it with a chunk of hyzer and it scoots out to 300' or I can throw it lower with a little hyzer and it'll come up flat and track slowly to the left (rhbh).

This is turning out to be a really nice disc. True to it's name, it gets a ton of glide and thus out distancing all my other mids (due to the understability and glide together).

If you have one and had given up on it, it might be worth another look. If you already have your mids setup though, I don't know that it's worth looking at unless you're undecided about what you're throwing or they're failing in some way.

heh,

i will blast this disc for as long as i live.

it's fine for an out of the box midrange roller (i've never found a use for this type of disc/shot).

if you want to use it for anything else, you have to power down on it.

I suspect that it's a disc for lower power throwers. If you can power a roc and other discs out past 300', I'd suspect this disc would be negated.

However, for me at my present stage, it's hitting a sweet spot for shots that are 250-300'. My midrange max is about 260 or so and this is allowing me a little extra glide/turnover.

Of course, that's one round. We'll see if it holds up under a few more rounds.

I won't be throwing this as a primary shot until I've proven that I can count on it (which may be the problem). I've learned too often that making a shot once doesn't mean that you can do it every time :)

The glide is a little squirly. Pretty understable and almost as long as a fairway driver.

I prefer the panther, which has the same stability but a tad less speed and glide, making it easier to finesse. The glide is great for one disc rounds though because it can do everything.

it is a disc for lower powered throwers who don't care about predictability.

there's 9320489032 midrange discs that are more predictable than a glide. only the optimizer is more worthless :p

not everyone wants the stability of a roc or wasp, but i'd rather see them throwing a buzzz, goblin, comet, coyote, spider, hawk, shark, aurora, element, element x, classic roc, etc.

the squall is a more stable glide and a much better disc.

I tend to like flippy discs -- even flippy midranges -- but I don't care much for the Glide. I can't do anything with it that I can't do as well or better with my Stratus.

I like the Optimizer for short midrange shots where I need a right fade. I made a birdie with it today.

I got my only ace with a Glide. Nice disc to learn hyzer flips for low powered throwers. I agree that its not predictable. Sometimes it will just keep going and going when another midrange would stop dead, and sometimes it would flip to flat and others it would keep turning. I don't carry mine anymore. The Coyote (which I still think is a great disk) filled the bag spot for me for a long time, but I finally have a Roc beat in to do most of what I want out of a less stable midrange.

it seems to be exactly like an element, or a cobra in flight. Its funny what happens when people explore other mids besides buzz/roc.

I found it much faster (with a rather unpredictable turn) when compared to an element. Plenty of glide, but a total roulette wheel on when it turns and where it lands.