• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Glideless Comet in putter form?

I don't click with the gyro on finesse shots. Threw ions and the anode for a while and had issues with overshooting quite a bit. Maybe it was my form, it was a long time ago.

Proxy is more traditional feeling and less glide with shallower depth. Its the most lid like polecat actual DG disc ive thrown. Nova was close but glides for days like a summit or similar mold. Proxy is honestly the straightest putter ive thrown off the shelf and tossed mannmmmy putters.

Nova and McPro Avairs were good suggestions. A beat in McPro Roc3 might do ya. Another idea is the Colt, particularly the Proto mold. After that, other VTech rimmed discs such as the VRoc are something to explore...

Nova is point and shoot, but too much glide.

Haven't thrown a Proxy, but based on suggestions I would try one out.

I'm currently trying to replace my beat up Small Bead Aviar and I'm leaning towards a Proxy.

I need to find a broken in one though.

Don't care for the new feel of neutron.

Nova is point and shoot, but too much glide.

Haven't thrown a Proxy, but based on suggestions I would try one out.

I'm currently trying to replace my beat up Small Bead Aviar and I'm leaning towards a Proxy.

I need to find a broken in one though.

Don't care for the new feel of neutron.

I hear that. Initial gloss can be weird like some star discs. old used are the $ but MVP hasn't even been around long around for people to know about that really. Neutron is a lot softer these days though (I actually don't like that) but does feel a bit more gummy. These new LE neutron envys I got today for Friday release are pretty flexy and tacky feeling.

Nothing like my doppelganger KC ions though ;)

Message_1430008943812.jpg

Not sure if you want something really flat and shallow, but could give the Shaman a try, holds the line well, use it for controlled shots to the right that need to land fairly flat. It is less glidey than it's brother the Magic which flies similar to a Comet like putter.

Was testing out the serpent in the yard tonight. Seems to fly like my slightly beat wizards.

Keep working the serpent in.
One of the only putters I've thrown that doesn't pick up a ton of glide as it wears in.

My go to Serpent is beaut up and can be bent in any direction of flight. I still.can trust it for placement shots however bc it doesn't glide out of lines.

In my bag I carry two placement driving putters: Scale & Serpent
And two distance driving putters: Envy & Proxy

I was looking in my trunk this morning and found 3 perfectly beat SSS Wizards I got in a trade a few months back. I guess one of positives of having way too many discs is finding ones you forgot you even had.

I'm going toss these Wizards alongside my Polecat, Serpent, and Nova to see if there is a clear winner. If I'm still not happy with the results I might have to break down and try a Proxy.

It must be the elevation, or that my novas are max weight, but neither nova I have owned were particularly glidey. If anything I felt they had less glide than my usual driving putters.

It must be the elevation, or that my novas are max weight, but neither nova I have owned were particularly glidey. If anything I felt they had less glide than my usual driving putters.

That was my experience as well. It was always shorter than my Envies and Proxies, and when it was done moving forward, it just dropped out of the sky and didn't move another inch forward. Mine were almost as good at hit and stick as R-Pro Polecats, which are still the best discs I've thrown for that.

I got a Vibram Ridge coming for this exact slot, upshot disc. Everything I read on it says it's a very straight flyer, low glide and is easy to range. I've had issues overshooting with my driving putters and my Sparta Basic is getting too flippy now, especially into any wind. The Ridge looks to be a shorter slower less glidey flyer so I should have a better time ranging it I hope.

Was testing out the serpent in the yard tonight. Seems to fly like my slightly beat wizards.

This is the answer. Low glide so you don't worry about overshots, very straight with a mild fade when new but once you can wear them a little, they are an absolute thing of beauty. I've had my Serps for about a month and a half now, playing 5-6 rounds per week with the Serp as my main putting putter and she's beat into a PERFECT placement disc.

+1 on that. Novas fly straight, but their glide won't be mistaken for the Judge's....

Latest posts