• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

Picked up a couple, hoping to see if I can get them to fly like a really slow Proxy essentially.

If not, I think at least my Polecat fan of a wife might like them for one disc rounds.

This disc is much more conventional than I anticipated from the hype.

It has a better than expected feel in the hand IMO, and is shallower than I expected, but it kindof behaves exactly like I would expect a low fade, light weight putter to behave.

It's definitely floaty, but so are 150g putters.

Throwing it, I get the same feeling I get with other floaty discs - this is kindof fun, and it looks pretty floating through the air, but this is adding risk to my game.

Have a simple pitch and putt in town. I usually toss envies and proxies but now just the glitch. it's a great little track for it. Not a long course but there are lines to hit. Managed to card my 2nd ace of the summer on a 230 laser beam that had no choice but to hit chains about 50 feet out, my wife said that is going in isn't it? Splash. Two holes later on a soft hyzer from 240 hit another. Even though I know how to throw this thing I still don't trust myself throwing it. The more comfortable I get the more it comes out and if I'm honest for my game it could shelf a few discs, but not just yet. my mid and touch game has never been better since introducing this tool to my bag. First lid style I like the feel of as a golf disc if that makes sense. In fact now that I think about it glitch rounds are all I've played for a couple weeks as life has been pounding away at my disc golf time. But no better way to play this game than with a semi traditional lid style disc you have to throw well and it rewards you. What's not to like. (Two aces in a round at this course is t all that impressive but still!)

... Even though I know how to throw this thing I still don't trust myself throwing it. ...

I was there the first few rounds with it, but something clicked and now I don't even really think about it when I throw. Even though I switch up my form to give it more touch, it's just automatic now. I think at first I was just overthinking every shot with it.

I have been wanting to get a Glitch since before they came out, but I don't think there's a single Glitch for sale in Norway yet. At least I haven't seen them

I ended up with a couple heavy ones... it's what I thought I wanted. I asked for a light tour series glitch with the chance team stamp. Looking forward to trying a light one.. If it is light haha.

Lots of buzz over here from letting the older boys throw it, everyone seems to be ordering them (or saying they will)

Finally picked up a couple for myself. And I basically got 2 for the price of 1 because the place I bought them had a sale rack of discs & they had a row of Glitches in there. Surprised me.
I was about to buy 1 for the price of $18.99, when I spied the sale rack. Found the Glitches marked $9.99. What a bargain!

Haven't had a chance to throw them yet.
My initial reaction to the disc is that it's not as big as I was expecting it to be. From the talk in here about it being lid-like, I expected it to be ultimate sized. But then maybe y'all were just referring to the flight characteristics being lid-like.

Anyway, I'll be hucking mine after work today.

My wife almost grabbed one today. I kind of wish she had. Not only do I think it might improve her approach game but I would love to monkey around with it. Perhaps I'll get her one for Christmas.

I have been wanting to get a Glitch since before they came out, but I don't think there's a single Glitch for sale in Norway yet. At least I haven't seen them

I may have a business trip that will take me to Norway in January. If you still haven't seen one by then let me know and I'll bring one with me.

My Glitch came in the mail today and I was having a lot of fun throwing it in the yard from ~80ft out. Setting up like an ultimate throw and watching that super floaty flight hitting dead center chains put a big grin on my face. Who knows if it makes my small bag but I'm excited to mess around with it.

Yeah it's a "fun" disc. I hit the skids on dubs Sunday, didn't take my electron envy or my light uplinks.. Eventually had to lean on the glitch. Haha. Went three disc for last 9, shot better much more "casjj" (how do you spell that!?). Tesla, envy, glitch.

Meh 50/50 on that experiment, but I've been throwing it too much not to try. It did some stuff, get outta jail stuff. The prevailing winds knocked it down a peg.. Mostly on distance, it held the lines but came up short. Got stalled pretty bad...

... but I also threw a couple zoomers, fast high spin moderate distance straight rockets.... My partner thought I'd be way past, but it was pleasantly parked. The ranging is nice.

So "Mark it Zero" Walter on a glitch. Zero turn, zero fade? Haha :D I'm kinda liking the idea..

So very first throw, from 75 ft it turns out, and it goes in the basket.
This is a joke, right? I was only giving it a half-run at the basket & it goes in.
Not going to let that cloud my mind with thoughts of changing putters.
So I give it a good rip into open space. It has a nice straight flight, and floats nicely to the ground.
More of that, along with throwing annys, just to see what it can do.
When putting it, it fades fairly hard. But when it hits the chains, it will actually go/stay in the basket, unlike the Lat 64 Beetle, which is what I was expecting. The Beetle will glance off chains because it is so light weight.
Next time I play an actually round, I'll have to see what the Glitch can do. Probably backhand approaches. It is fun to throw.

Finally got a chance to throw it today, forgot to take it last time I played...
On first couple holes, used it for longish putts. Kinda meh...
On third hole, drive was about a hundred feet short. Needed to thread between offset trees about half way to basket, Fan grip like I was throwing my 71 mold. Dead center chains and stayed in. Tried it for some more open shots and it flew true to flight numbers.
An observation, if I threw it with a little wobble (or noise as I refer to it) the Glitch seemed fight the noise, self correct to clean air, then seemed to reaccelerate in flight. So on every throw (not putt) it always seemed to 8 to 10 feet past the basket.

... An observation, if I threw it with a little wobble (or noise as I refer to it) the Glitch seemed fight the noise, self correct to clean air, then seemed to reaccelerate in flight. So on every throw (not putt) it always seemed to 8 to 10 feet past the basket.
i noticed this too, especially with my forehand. i could put a full rip into it and it would wobble while turning/flipping, but once that stopped it would go straight wherever the fluttering stopped. such a fun disc to mess around with (must be that gyro). still not sure about it making the bag; i have problems ranging any disc with big glide, so if i'm running the basket, a miss is usually going pretty far past

Went out and threw the glitch again. It's really insane how straight this disc is. I think that is part of the reason I am having trouble loving it when actually using it for disc golf and not just catch. If you release flat, it's going flat exactly where you pointed it. If you release it with angle, it's just going to hold that line. And honestly, it's really cool how not squirrely this disc is...

But, sometimes it's nice if I put a bit too much anny on a slightly OS disc there is some forgiveness there. Likewise a bit too much hyzer on a flippy disc isn't the end of the world. Now, that said, the flight of the glitch isn't super long so getting the angle off could be the difference between a 5ft tap in and a 20ft putt which is still in the 80% make range for me. So, again, not the end of the world.

The glide is also ridiculous on this disc. I can get it out to 230-260 depending on topography and how much height i have access to. It honestly rivals my envy or wizard in terms of distance but I find myself reaching more for the wizard because I know it isn't going to glide for years.

All in all...the glitch is really a fun disc to use and if you get it flat and on target, it's a laser beam. But I think the ridiculous amount of glide and importance of angle control will keep it in my utility pocket...yes that's right, i think I will still bag this. There are plenty of times I have found myself <100ft from the basket and am on my knees under a bush and need something low and glidey...or just kind of an awkward angle or position from the basket and I know i won't be able to get enough on my putting putters to get them to the basket so the glitch comes out and performs admirably.

All in all...the glitch is really a fun disc to use and if you get it flat and on target, it's a laser beam. But I think the ridiculous amount of glide and importance of angle control will keep it in my utility pocket...yes that's right, i think I will still bag this. There are plenty of times I have found myself <100ft from the basket and am on my knees under a bush and need something low and glidey...or just kind of an awkward angle or position from the basket and I know i won't be able to get enough on my putting putters to get them to the basket so the glitch comes out and performs admirably.

I'm with you, I'm still unsure about its long term usefulness as a staple but as a get out of jail option it's been good. Tight, short anhyzer turns also very good, especially since I know my putters won't grab air the same way for those turns. Weird lofty short hyzer also good. Tight movement straight shots under 100, check.

Anything over 100' though and there's definitely a bit of crap shoot to it, too short, too far who knows haha. Long turning anhyzers... pass me my uplink or spin please. Short straight putts.. no thanks. 60' low odds of me making it putts .. sure why not glitch it, I could do worse.

Also I'm with everyone else on the "autocorrect" which I find mildly annoying. I hope to learn to use that to my advantage (in play or training) but so far it has been a hinderance and I'm missing a few feet wide all the time unless I just hyzer it.

It's lid flight + gyro stability is a very cool and makes it a unique disc. I can't believe it holds straight when I launch it 30 degrees down the steep hill, many other discs break over anny as they accelerate but the glitch just powers straight. The lesson there is no matter how much velocity or power you put on it it will handle it all, as long as it's a clean snap.

Last edited:
My wife almost grabbed one today. I kind of wish she had. Not only do I think it might improve her approach game but I would love to monkey around with it. Perhaps I'll get her one for Christmas.

So, we were in another store today and, once again, she almost picked one up. I think it's only a matter of time until she buys one and I can try it out.

Finally got a chance to throw it today, forgot to take it last time I played...
On first couple holes, used it for longish putts. Kinda meh...
On third hole, drive was about a hundred feet short. Needed to thread between offset trees about half way to basket, Fan grip like I was throwing my 71 mold. Dead center chains and stayed in. Tried it for some more open shots and it flew true to flight numbers.
An observation, if I threw it with a little wobble (or noise as I refer to it) the Glitch seemed fight the noise, self correct to clean air, then seemed to reaccelerate in flight. So on every throw (not putt) it always seemed to 8 to 10 feet past the basket.

Side note that probably belongs in things that annoy me (or whatever that thread is called) thread...

I love woods golf,

I really hate woods golf,

in the fall....

to many d@mn leaves on the ground...

waste way too much time dragging my feet trying to find my disc that decided to hide from me...
It's worse than playing in snow...
and I have years of experience of playing in the snow...

Latest posts