• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

MVP said that the Glitch wouldn't be heavier because at higher weights it would lose the glide they were able to gain for its flight characteristics.

Threw a neighbor's glitch around in the yard yesterday. I really didn't expect to like it for some reason, but I was surprised how good it is as an approach and shot shaping disc (especially on lower lines). Between the neighbor's yard and mine we've got 4 baskets out, and a few bigger shots than you'd going for a yard are possible. I had 3 100'+ throw ins, and could see it being one of the best discs ever for running shots you should lay up

I disagree with TDK, it's slow flight makes it exactly the disc for a lofty go for it and park.. My comeback putt will be the envy and it will be from within C1 generally. It's like a soft go for it because I don't need to power it up or spin it like other discs to keep it straight.

The problem I keep running into is more along the lines of showboating or using it when I should really not haha.

I've had fun throwing my pair. Here's a video that shows it thrown with varying levels of power. Holds pretty true at any range in calm conditions based on my experience.

Jury is out on whether I'll bag one. I can envision some uses for it but I question how consistent it'd be vs a more traditional golf disc.

Even if I don't bag it, I think it'd be useful to keep around as a form diagnostic, and for teaching beginners the basics.

Even if I don't bag it, I think it'd be useful to keep around as a form diagnostic, and for teaching beginners the basics.

It also makes a fun catch disc. There's a little course near my house with no practice basket. When my wife and I want to warm up a little before a round we'll just play catch with the Glitch.

I disagree with TDK, it's slow flight makes it exactly the disc for a lofty go for it and park.. My comeback putt will be the envy and it will be from within C1 generally. It's like a soft go for it because I don't need to power it up or spin it like other discs to keep it straight.

The problem I keep running into is more along the lines of showboating or using it when I should really not haha.

If I have the ceiling to work with and can drop it in it works, come backers vary from bullseye to circles edge. Polecat gives me shorter comebacks and FH plop runs with the berg are even shorter. It's likely the more direct nose up runs I prefer than the disc itself.

I just picked up a second glitch so I can play glitch only rounds with my brother in law. I will be finding out if I can be as consistent with it as a polecat.

I very much prefer the Glitch powered up than the polecat

FH plop runs with the berg are even shorter.

This is why I will probably never buy a glitch of my own. My beat K3 Bergs go similarly straight, albeit with more fade at VERY low speeds, and my Bergs don't glide, which I prefer for that type of shot. Glitch is fun, I just don't see myself spending money on it when I already have way too many discs and backups for my backups.

This is why I will probably never buy a glitch of my own. My beat K3 Bergs go similarly straight, albeit with more fade at VERY low speeds, and my Bergs don't glide, which I prefer for that type of shot. Glitch is fun, I just don't see myself spending money on it when I already have way too many discs and backups for my backups.

I bag both. I use the Glitch way more, but there are definitely situations that call for the Berg instead.

Played in a 3 disc putter only non sanction tournament. Glitch was the only required disc.

I had a blast rolling the glitch through some tightly wooded fairways. Held a nice line and seemed to roll forever in a pretty decent wind.

The glitch does not have the characteristics I would like for a roller, but I haven't tried. FH or BH?

I played a putter only round for form work/fun yesterday. 2 glitch and my two putting putters (only to be used for inside ~45').
I can easily give a safe bid from 100' or so, but it's not as consistent as a lazer beam kind of run. Did still manage to cash one from around 75'. I scored a few strokes worse than I do when I play with a proxy and putting putter but nothing crazy.

I feel like I am talking about the Glitch's usefulness similarly to how people treated me (us) when I was talking the gospel of polecat.

I feel like I am talking about the Glitch's usefulness similarly to how people treated me (us) when I was talking the gospel of polecat.
i wonder how similar the polecat would be at 150g. i have a 145g sonic & it is a lot different than the 180g sonic i have; the 180g doesn't have glide, just starts sinking from out of the hand; whereas the 145g is so flippy, but it will float(glide) if i just barely throw it (like those cheap giveaway discs - humphrey flyer?). this makes me think a heavier glitch might not glide the way the ~150s do, hence we'll never see one.

Last edited:
Main way I can figure the difference is Polecats want to fly straight (some runs want to turn a little), Glitch wants to hold a line. Glitch high or low speed wants to hold the angle I put it on well. Polecat flips up easily but also pulls out of turn a little more easily.

I have thrown polecats from 100g to 175g. The 100s are touchy as hell, but still have that flip up and go straight flight when thrown smooth (harder to do at 100g)

The glitch is so much fun to throw and so rewarding to put it on a line and it fly just as expected.

I ordered a couple of these. If I don't like them I'm blaming it on all of you :p

They do sound interesting. I'll give my thoughts once I toss em.

I took my glitch to the beach this weekend and man…I am really impressed with this disc. It was super fun to throw controlled 100-150' throws either with a tail or headwind. Just a nice smooth throw, little snap to get some spin and it just floats. Playing catch on the beach was super helpful to get reps in and I needed that since I want to glitch to be a get out of jail card in my bag

Every time I put this disc in my bag, I never end up using it during my round.

It's a disc I feel like I should bag, but during rounds I never seem to come across a situation where I'd use it.

Every time I put this disc in my bag, I never end up using it during my round.

It's a disc I feel like I should bag, but during rounds I never seem to come across a situation where I'd use it.

I've done a number of glitch only rounds. Some for fun, some as a handicap when playing against my tween son.

I usually score pretty well (but I also don't choose open bomber courses). But there are very few holes where if I had a full bag I'd throw the glitch off the tee.

I've found glitch only rounds to generally be more fun than putter only rounds. It takes a bit more skill to throw the glitch, so there's more more engaging challenge during the round. A glitch goes further than an average putter (for me), so there's also better scoring potential. And a glitch is still a very good training tool. It is angle and spin sensitive.

It also makes for a great catch disc. Especially if you wanna stretch that game of catch out to 200'+.

So... I don't think I'd keep it in the bag with the intention to use it during an average round. But I am shopping around for more glitches so my brothers and I can do some glitch only rounds this summer.