• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Go-to Control Driver 9+

The striker is definitely a highly controllable disc, particularly in the GL line. I think mine is in the 167 - 169 range. Been experimenting with and enjoying a 170g GL Riot lately as well. It flies like a speed 11 striker and looks pretty cool in banana yellow to boot. Both discs are flat topped rather than domey, and I've heard negative reviews of the Riot in the past, so maybe I've just got a good one?

I don't have serious D (~300 max), so at this point I'm using a Star Beast and can keep it on a dead straight level flight. I am trying out a number of 11+ discs looking for another 50'. Hopefully I'll settle into something in the next month.

I'll bet if you step down to a lighter champ Valk or even a TL, you'll see the same or more distance, rather than looking for it with a faster driver. If you absolutely have to try a faster disc, look at a light pro Katana or Vulcan. Also consider whether that slight added drive distance will really help your game or not...quite often a good midrange game will make up for shorter drives and improve your skills/form at the same time.

Predator, Flow, and Avenger SS cover all my needs distance wise. If I had to carry one mold to replace those three it would be Surge SS in FLX plastic.

I'll bet if you step down to a lighter champ Valk or even a TL, you'll see the same or more distance, rather than looking for it with a faster driver. If you absolutely have to try a faster disc, look at a light pro Katana or Vulcan. Also consider whether that slight added drive distance will really help your game or not...quite often a good midrange game will make up for shorter drives and improve your skills/form at the same time.

My TL has been my go-to lately for this exact reason. I sacrifice control for the extra distance with anything higher speed. Now that I have the TL where I want it break-in wise, man is it money. I love it so much right now, I rarely reach for anything else.

172 Champ Valk. Put it on a slight hyzer and it will go dead straight with barely any fade at the end. But i usually use my 175 Champ TeeBird. Will go perfectly straight the whole way or hyzer OR anny depending on my angle of release.

Latest posts