• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to do my first dyes tomorrow!!

EJBusch

Par Member
I picked up two cheap used discs (Champ Viking and Elite X Avenger. Apparently Nate Doss was the 2005 World Champion) $4 a piece and I should be able to clean them pretty completely.

I figured these will be decent because they're fairly cheap yet still decent throwers. Anyway, I'll probably be doing the acetone tonight, then doing it tomorrow!

Any awesome ideas for what I should put on these? I'll be doing a ton of dyes, just because I'm really amped about it, but I'll probably start with these just so I can get the stenciling right and everything.

I think, being from the great state of Minnesota, I'm going to put a Vikings' logo on the Viking, only too fitting.

The Avenger is white, so it's open for a lot!

Also, has anyone ever tried using the same die for multiple discs? Like, get one good black dye going, drop a disc in for 20 minutes, take it out, put another in?

Also, has anyone ever tried using the same die for multiple discs? Like, get one good black dye going, drop a disc in for 20 minutes, take it out, put another in?

You can reuse your dye indefinitely. I suggest not wasting it by putting a Viking logo on a disc, though. :)

I bought a champ mako for cheap, it had a Minnesota Nice dye. It was sweet. State silhouette, with "nice" inside on the southern border and a basket inside the state. I lived there for 4 years, so knowing what that means is a bonus.

I bought a champ mako for cheap, it had a Minnesota Nice dye. It was sweet. State silhouette, with "nice" inside on the southern border and a basket inside the state. I lived there for 4 years, so knowing what that means is a bonus.
Awesome! That would be sweet.

Does anyone know that site where fit takes an image and makes it a flat back image for dyeing?

Awesome! That would be sweet.

Does anyone know that site where fit takes an image and makes it a flat back image for dyeing?

Just open in word, you can edit the image to black and white. Non-digital would be to copy it black and white and mess with darkness/lightness. If you need it for a plotter, someone else will have to chime in

Just open in word, you can edit the image to black and white. Non-digital would be to copy it black and white and mess with darkness/lightness. If you need it for a plotter, someone else will have to chime in
I just used Photoshop. Just adjusted the levels. I just wanted to see how the Vikings logo would look pure black. I think it might work out well. I figured my first dye should probably be a single color!

just as a warning - the first one is just the gateway into the addiction... soon, you'll be asking friends & family members for star & champion plastic... :D

I feel the addiction creeping in as a I wait for our mail carrier to arrive with my package! If the mail service lied to me, and they don't arrive today... Someone may get hurt.

Oh, and here's my ideas for my first two dyes!!

The Viking will be going on a Champ Viking, the Red Sox sox logo will be going on a brand new, perfectly white Pro Valk.

Attachments

• MLB-Boston-Red-Sox-Logo-Wallpaper.png
    MLB-Boston-Red-Sox-Logo-Wallpaper.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Minnesota-Vikings-Logo-1-NB7GN30U93-1280x1024.jpg
    Minnesota-Vikings-Logo-1-NB7GN30U93-1280x1024.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
Got iDye Poly black, green and blue!

So I think soon I'll be doing the awesome Viking!

The Red Sox logo will have to wait for the red dye to arrive!

The results are in!

So... first mistake has been made... I cut the contact paper (Need to get better with an xacto knife...), then peeled back the Viking logo.... whoops. I realized right after I should have first put it on the disc THEN peeled back the logo. Right?

Anyway, the bleeding still wasn't terrible. I'm happy considering I bought this disc used for $4 at my local store and it is my first attempt!

Now, if I'm understanding this correctly, I can throw my iDye liquid from the pan into a tupperware and use it again? Can someone confirm this? It's currently sitting outside cooling off.

Thanks all for your help!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 22
I keep my dye in old soda/pop bottles - the 33.8 oz'ers work perfectly when mixing 32 oz of dye... just label each color as I mix it & keep 'em all together.

The 1st dye is always exciting (& a learning experience)!