• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good News Farmington, MO!

Updating

Things are growing in Farmington.

Tee Signs are up, and now there is a course sign with rules and a course map up near the #1 tee.

Speaking with the park workers, cement pads should be coming soon.

I am very happy for Farmington, but in the same breath very sad for Potosi.

While both courses were made by the same designer, David Mac, the same baskets, Gateway Titans, the same style of Tee signs, and both are great courses, there is one incredible difference.

At Farmington, the park workers ask us what we think, what we like, places that need to be cleared out, etc. They actually ask us what we think, on ways to improve the park. Not that what we have to say matters, but it is a attitude of wanting a quality course at the park. They want people to leave after playing saying, wow, that was a great course.

In Potosi, the opposite. No park workers ever approach or ask anything. Last year when the grass was waist high everywhere on the front 9, I asked a worker why they were not cutting the grass, and pretty much they said David Mac told them not to. Hmmm. I told them I lost my disc in one of the fairways, they all but called me a liar, saying they haven't seen any discs.

Well later that fall, things got straight, Potosi started cutting the grass, and it was showing what it truly is, a great disc golf course. Now, here it is spring, and the grass is back up in Potosi. I lost another driver in the fairway, and I asked myself, why am I punishing myself by coming here. They obviously do not care if anyone plays the course or not. It is such a shame too, because the course designer cared, he did a great job. They made paths, built bridges, made paths through gates. Someone put in the $ to make a great course. Too bad they can't be bothered with cutting grass down. And it is not just me. When I suggested (Before I knew the grass had grown up again in Potosi) we had weekly rounds at Potosi, everyone shook their head no, and started mumbling to themselves. Evidently I am not the only one to have such a glorious experience out there.

I do like the Potosi course, I guess that is why I mourn for it, lol.

Thank God for Engler!