• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good video options for Disc Golf

nooles

Hey All,

Wondering if there are any avid Videographers out there for Disc Golf, surely there are.

I'm sussing out my next Disc Golf purchase, and after a few years of buying discs, baskets and the like I think I want to get a decent video to help our club capture final 9's of tournaments and do some development videos as well. So highish frame rate capture of drive and putting analysis.

I'm more interested in a camcorder type setup, than a DSLR or mini video camera.

I've got a gopro HD, and this works reasonably well (its the original one) but hard to tell if you've gotten the right footage, until you plug it into a PC. Also no zoom means that off the teepad, the disc gets lost pretty easily. It'll be a good backup video source to a camcorder methinks.

My budget is under $800, so a little bit of room to play with, but obviously not looking for professional level gear.

The biggest issue, is that I'm in Australia, so often models ect are named slightly different here, than OS and buying locally tends to add 30%+ onto the price. But I can always get one shipped from the US if need be.

Anyways, if you have ideas on what is a good camcorder for the uses above, let me know!

-Neil

In my humble opinion it is all about the lens in this case. Snag a wide angle lens (which will no doubt set you back a couple hundred bucks). This will provide the best user experience. Next priority would be a top notch sensor. Sony is notorious for having the best. The more light your camera lets into the picture the better the viewing quality in the end.