• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
^^^ was it you that answered my e-mail earlier? I asked you about what you would advise for 12 to 15 discs and what colors they come in.

I joined the GBDS mafia this weekend when I received my camo spider monkey. Got a wine colored one for the GF as well. It's perfect for casual and league rounds. My innova deluxe is still holding up well, but is too heavy to lug around for day to day stuff.

you liking that Spider Monkey I am trying to get opinions on all the styles of bags they have.

I own a squirrel and a silverback... I use the squirrel for the every day bag and the Silverback for tourneys...

I am more partial to the squirrel - holds 13 discs and two drinks...

I saw a guy this weekend who won a squirrel monkey at my tournament. He said it was perfect for him....he attached some extra caribearers to carry more h20, an umbrella, and a disc retreiver.

hbkblue37 said:
you liking that Spider Monkey I am trying to get opinions on all the styles of bags they have.

Most definitely liking it. Big enough for 11 discs, 32oz of water, towel, phone, keys, scorecards, mini, and a couple small extras. The difference in weight compared to my Innova bag is astounding, and I'm only carrying 2 less discs. The construction looks very solid as well. If you want 2 water holders, get the squirrel, but otherwise this bag is great. I used to use an old lightning starter bag when I wanted to keep it light, but a real frame makes all the difference in the world.

One thing that bugs me a bit though is when the main compartment isn't full, the discs make a CLACK CLACK CLACK noise as you're walking to your lie. No way to get around it I guess when the discs stack in that orientation. I'm also using quads, and think it might not be as bad if I used the strap. I'm gonna give that a try next time I go out as quads are a bit of overkill on a small bag anyway. Maybe I just need to shorten the quad straps? Anyway, very minor gripe so disregard. I'm mostly looking for suggestions from others on this.

A while back there was a pic of a GB bag for disc storage; that was one sweet looking bag! Any chance that bag going into production? Put me down for one just as soon as they do.
J

J-Man said:
A while back there was a pic of a GB bag for disc storage; that was one sweet looking bag! Any chance that bag going into production? Put me down for one just as soon as they do.
J

no plans as of right now for it....it's hard enough for me to keep up with what I have for bags already as it is...(not to mention trying to get the back pack done)

I have narrowed down the bag I am going to get to the Chimp, Silverback, or Revo Pro Bag.

I am a casually player that will never carry more then 15 discs and don't plan on playing in big tourneys or anything. Just want something that will hold what I want and be comfortable carrying around. Most I ever hold in it is my keys, wallet, cell phone, mini towel, and a drink with 12-15 discs. Thought this would be a good place to ask which one of the 3 would be best for me even though it includes a Revo Bag.

Keep price in the issue because the Chimp is considerably less then the other 2.

hbkblue37 said:
I have narrowed down the bag I am going to get to the Chimp, Silverback, or Revo Pro Bag.

I am a casually player that will never carry more then 15 discs and don't plan on playing in big tourneys or anything. Just want something that will hold what I want and be comfortable carrying around. Most I ever hold in it is my keys, wallet, cell phone, mini towel, and a drink with 12-15 discs. Thought this would be a good place to ask which one of the 3 would be best for me even though it includes a Revo Bag.

Keep price in the issue because the Chimp is considerably less then the other 2.

Do you plan on using quads on the bag? A friend of mine got a chimp and said it felt a bit lopsided when he had water in the drink holder but since investing in quads said the bag is very centered.

I personally have a silverback and thinks it perfect for my needs. Soon I will have 3 Silverback in my house as well as 2 Spider Monkies. I just need to get the last bags for my wife and 3yr old daughter.

krusen said:
.....discs make a CLACK CLACK CLACK noise ..... I'm also using quads, and think it might not be as bad if I used the strap. .....

I took the quads off, and using the shoulder strap, the discs don't flop at all. I can now walk to my lie in peace.

krusen said:
krusen said:
.....discs make a CLACK CLACK CLACK noise ..... I'm also using quads, and think it might not be as bad if I used the strap. .....

I took the quads off, and using the shoulder strap, the discs don't flop at all. I can now walk to my lie in peace.

If you ever decide to go back to your quads... just stick your towel into the discs - Clack goes away...

for those of you that are on myspace I uploaded the most current picks of the bags I have right now on there yesterday...just in case you want to check em out

no I cant afford to take the time off from my "real world" 3rd shift job or aford to be able to go there..wish i could though

Latest posts