• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
I use quads with my Chimp and the setup is quite comfortable. I carry 14 in the main compartment plus 2 putters in the front, and the pockets are always loaded up (I still get surprised at how much stuff I can fit in them). My Chimp has been a dependable sidekick for the last year of frequent play, that has held up to the abuse I tend to put my belongings through.

One thing to warn you about.... after 3 years of use, my chimp still looks brand new. Now usually this wouldn't be a problem, but I got the chimp before it had the extra pocket on the side opposite of the water bottle holder... I keep looking at the website and wondering how to convince my wife that I need a new bag (she purchased this one for our 1 year anniversary...)

Of course, with all that being said, I will never use anything other than a Gorilla Boy bag....

jclepa said:
One thing to warn you about.... after 3 years of use, my chimp still looks brand new. Now usually this wouldn't be a problem, but I got the chimp before it had the extra pocket on the side opposite of the water bottle holder... I keep looking at the website and wondering how to convince my wife that I need a new bag (she purchased this one for our 1 year anniversary...)

Of course, with all that being said, I will never use anything other than a Gorilla Boy bag....

How's it reppin down there in Alabama? seen another gorilla bag on the course?

It always gives me a smile on my face seeing multiple gorilla bags when I hit up my tourney round.

Unity said:
juju said:
I am looking at getting a chimp for my small bag needs and have a pair of quads I can use. It looks like the perfect size for me. Any Chimp advocates out there?

There are tons. It is probably one of his mostly commonly recommended bags (at least here in the forum world). The Chimp should be small enough that you may feel like you don't need the quads, but if you have them I don't see a reason not to use them.
I'll be 35 in June and my folks STILL insist on getting me presents for my bday....a GB Chimp is definitely in the short list!

The full line-up of Gorilla Boy bags will be available in the inventory of the Springfield Disc Golf Club at this weekend's B-tier at Lincoln Park - Including a Simian.

You can register at www.discgolfclub.org/proshop

Hey Ziggy...

I haven't been out much lately, me and my wife had our first baby 9 months ago... However, before that my bag got a lot of interest during tournaments, especially the Southern Nationals Amateur Championship which was held in Pensacola 2 years ago. Haven't been out much for tournaments since then, so I can't say if it actually led to anyone actually getting one.

I have been working to start up a local club in order to pretty much save our course. They took away one hole for a skate park and another for a dog park. Were trying to start up a tournament this summer, and I'm hoping to get some sponsors and use their money to pick up a GB bag or two for the winners of the larger divisions.

jclepa said:

I as well use the chimp from pre extra pocket era. Its been a while and still looks amazing. I also have the really big bag (had it longer than the chimp), its fairing really welll as well. It doesn't even have double waterbottle holders like I believe the later ones did.

jclepa said:
Hey Ziggy...

I haven't been out much lately, me and my wife had our first baby 9 months ago... However, before that my bag got a lot of interest during tournaments, especially the Southern Nationals Amateur Championship which was held in Pensacola 2 years ago. Haven't been out much for tournaments since then, so I can't say if it actually led to anyone actually getting one.

I have been working to start up a local club in order to pretty much save our course. They took away one hole for a skate park and another for a dog park. Were trying to start up a tournament this summer, and I'm hoping to get some sponsors and use their money to pick up a GB bag or two for the winners of the larger divisions.

Hey JCL,

Totally understand family gets in the way, I'll be doing the same when i go back to college this June for some classes. Hoping to get an Ed.S. degree this time around. Good luck with the local club and hope you can get your course redesigned to keep it alive with a beating heart.

Them winners would definitely be shocked to rep GB

Lovin' my new GB Chimp (in digital camo). Gives me that extra room that would make a smaller bag feel stuffed and hard to get discs in and out. No need for quads [yet] with the light weight, even loaded with 15 disks.

My only mods:
- trim the threaded pipe fittings downto almost flush with the coreplast panels
- put some vinyl tubing on the tops and bottoms of the coreplast end panels to keep the sharp edges wearing into the fabric prematurely

Future mod:
- replace the velcro with a magnetic closure system

Is there still a secret discount code to enter when ordering bags? I swear there was talk of a code like a month or two ago.

Frank Delicious said:
Is there still a secret discount code to enter when ordering bags? I swear there was talk of a code like a month or two ago.

nope no secrete codes....if you want to you can use one of my team players codes so that they get a little cash kicked there way. heres those codes and remember these dont give any discount to the buyer

"kent"....gives money to Kent S.
"dion"....gives money to Dion A.
"paige"....gives money to Paige P.
"will"....gives money to Will S.

Thank you Gorilla Boy for carrying me to 2nd place in ADV at the Greater Milwaukee Open yesterday!
The Purple and Camo sure repped well! Keep up the good work!

Check it out, the Sim' makes a great seat for the youngsters too!
*Note the monkey on the dress; totally unplanned but happily coincidental.
29935_1460789926842_1446262848_1188687_2699531_n.jpg

Anybody waiting for a stock update: the wait is over

I've got a Navy Spider Monkey on the way...er...ordered at least. On the way soon!

I'm still debating getting a Silverback/Kong. My roommate is planning on ordering one this summer so I'll probably check his out before I make a decision.

Unity said:
Anybody waiting for a stock update: the wait is over

I've got a Navy Spider Monkey on the way...er...ordered at least. On the way soon!

I'm still debating getting a Silverback/Kong. My roommate is planning on ordering one this summer so I'll probably check his out before I make a decision.

The Kong is awesome and has a lot of cargo space, I've really dug mine since I got it a few months ago.

Just got my Gorilla Boy Silverback, man is this thing sturdy, can't wait to get it out on the course. Thanks GB for a great product.