• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well keep me posted, I have time to decide. I'm waiting on my Catalyst to get here then next summer for my anniversary my lady is gonna get me a bag of my choice. The Simian seems to be the front-runner right now. I have fairly bad lower back problems so comfort is definitely a premium.

Qikly how tall are you. I'm 5'9" just trying to get an idea of how mine will fit.

I'm 5'11'', so a bit taller. The straps are long, giving you a lot of space to adjust, though the bag seems to do better sitting higher on the back. The bottom of the frame sits awkwardly on the lower back if you wear it loosely (but only if it's really loose).

Well keep me posted, I have time to decide. I'm waiting on my Catalyst to get here then next summer for my anniversary my lady is gonna get me a bag of my choice. The Simian seems to be the front-runner right now. I have fairly bad lower back problems so comfort is definitely a premium.

For whatever it's worth, I find the strain on the back to be minimized. Like I said earlier, the bag itself is light, and the wide base + vertical storage seems to distribute the weight well, spreading things out and reducing any pressure. It's kind of an awkward-looking bag, but that appearance doesn't translate to how it feels on the back. It feels great.

I've no experience with the Grip, but it's worth emphasizing how light the Simian is. I think Chris said somewhere that it was 5 lbs empty. I can't attest to the specific number, but while the frame is a bit bulky, it's aluminium. I was really surprised at how light the bag itself was.

Now, keeping it light with all the space for goodies that you have? That's a different story..... :p

the frame is pvc not aluminium fyi ;)

my concern with the photos is that if they make the front page, the caption might just read #16 pin, instead of Toronto Island #16 pin. As for editing reviews, half points would solve this, I was just gonna lower some reviews to make sure the cream rises to the top!;)

Thanks for the review and photos. Hard to find details on this awesome bag. Not in the market at the moment (my cables xpg is holding up great and meets my needs) but definitely interested in the future. Look forward to more review.

^thanks for feeding my appetite! gonna be a while! I did just get my squirrel monkey in. Wow!

You bet! I know what it's like to jones during the wait.

How do you like that Squirrel Monkey? I'm already looking forward to my next purchase - it'd be great to get a small bag to go with the Simian. I'm trying to figure out if the Squirrel is worth paying the extra money for the extra perks, or if I should just grab a Spider Monkey.

the frame is pvc not aluminium fyi ;)

My bad! :p

I have the spider and squirrel right now. The spider is a great bag and a great price. For me I needed the exrptra bottle holder I sweat a lot in the sip umber. The bigger pocket behind the putters is nice too. The putter pocket is awesome two putters fit very easily. They are both great bags. Here are some pics of the squirrel. 9 in the main 2 putters, 2 towels, hand sanitizer, gloves and room for extras in the pocket.

image by MrGlass01, on Flickr

image by MrGlass01, on Flickr
Feels weightless with my mojo straight jackets. I may come off my spider if the offer is right.

Thanks MG! Great pics.

The duel drink holders is the biggest selling point on the Spider for me, too. It's 95+ degrees and around 100% humidity for 3-4 months here in NOLA, and several of the courses I play do not have ready access to drinking water. That was one of the many selling points on the Simian for me. At the same time, I'm not sure if that alone is worth the extra $25 (I know there are more added features, but I don't necessarily need more storage space in my small bag).

What color is your Spider? I may just make you an offer. :D

Thanks MG! Great pics.

The duel drink holders is the biggest selling point on the Spider for me, too. It's 95+ degrees and around 100% humidity for 3-4 months here in NOLA, and several of the courses I play do not have ready access to drinking water. That was one of the many selling points on the Simian for me. At the same time, I'm not sure if that alone is worth the extra $25 (I know there are more added features, but I don't necessarily need more storage space in my small bag).

What color is your Spider? I may just make you an offer. :D
Brown!

so I'm still wondering if anyone has tried to build a cart that attaches to the Sim yet? this is what i've tried so far myself. I went for as simple as I could make it and I can put it on or take it off the Sim in about a minute.
now I haven't bothered to try and improve this set up in any way since I did it. it was made for proof of concept that it would work how I expected it too.
and FYI this is only doable on the newer Sim as of this year.

Attachments

• P3090784.jpg
    P3090784.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 57
  • P3090785.jpg
    P3090785.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 65
What dimensions do you need for the platform of that? What is the inside distance between the wheels? How long is the waiting list for simians?

What dimensions do you need for the platform of that? What is the inside distance between the wheels? How long is the waiting list for simians?
are you talking about the distance of the axle for the cart?
the distance from the inside of one wheel to the inside of the other wheel was 25 inches on the one I made. thge axel cant be any bigger than 1/2 OD and the upright pole i believe was 3/4 or 1 inch OD

and waiting list for any bag right now is getting upwards of 8-9 weeks

I'm not very worried about the poles. My plan is just to attach it to a platform via Velcro or carabiners. I'm about 250 lbs so my main concern is just to make the platform and axle strong enough for when I plop down on it. This way I could easily remove it and be gtg for a really hilly course.

Now to sell my wife on the new backpack.

Latest posts