• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green Bay, WI area course recommendations! Which would you choose?

Clonan

Par Member
Wisconsin disc golfers! I am traveling up to Crivitz, WI and will have 4-5 hours to kill before the rest of the party arrives. My friend and I plan on spending that time experiencing some of the cheddar state's great Disc Golf Courses. We're taking the eastern WI/Lake Michigan route. Which of the below should we play… any others on that route (43 north) I may want to consider? I don't mind paying either.

-Black Bear Creek Disc Golf

-Winter Park

-Marinette Park (closest to Crivitz)

-Silver Creek

-Rollin Ridge

Thanks!

All of that list is good disc. Rollin' Ridge is #1, with Winter and Silver next, closely followed by Black Bear. Marinette is the weakest; but, was designed by a friend of mine; so, don't want to say anything bad. Actually, I know the designers for all of those but Black Bear.

We're going to check out Silver Creek and after that Winter Park because its only a 40 mins north and on the way. Im excited about Silver!!! Its gonna be a perfect day .

I would suggest Rollin Ridge and Silver. Pretty close to each other and both excellent courses (bring $3 for Rollin, well worth it)

So check it, we played Silver Creek and Winter park on the way up and hit Rollin Ridge on the way back

Silver Creek- The front 9 had me wondering what the big deal was and the Back 9 along the lake cleared that up. BEAUTIFUL back 9, just awesome. Also a great place to people watch.

Winter Park- Played all of the holes from red with the exception of a few and played all holes except 16, 17 & 18 because light was fading. Most challenging course I have played/will ever play maybe. Just unbelievable level of difficulty but fun to experience. I can see that place being a black hole for discs most of the summer. Cool to experience.

Rollin Ridge- Probabaly the Best course I have ever played. Although I'm still pretty new to the sport of DG it seems like that course just does everything right. The Tee pads are 10/10, maintenance 10/10, challenge was 10/10. The only bad part part was WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY BUG SPRAY and we played at 5:30. That sucked the fun out of it but It was an awesome play. If they just get Signage up on the holes… Still worth the $3.

I'm fortunate to be about 25 minutes from Rollin' Ridge and have a 5-year pass for hitting the first ace in course history. Last I heard, the plan was to paint the hole details on the square at the end of every teepad, but that may have changed.

Latest posts