• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Course In Every State Heading Into 2020

Idaho: Caliber DGC is 4.57 according to site and should be higher. If there was a proper ranking of best courses in the world, this would be near the top. Don't believe me? Guess you'll have to play it to find out;)

Is it playable right now?

Deis is alright. Nice tee signs. Plenty of other courses I prefer.

Ohio has some good courses that don't get enough credit. Portage lakes, sunny lake, Burr oak state park, Osage, and friends of punderson are all courses I like more than deis.

Idaho: Caliber DGC is 4.57 according to site and should be higher. If there was a proper ranking of best courses in the world, this would be near the top. Don't believe me? Guess you'll have to play it to find out;)

Not enough votes to make the list. But I'd love to play it.

Deis is alright. Nice tee signs. Plenty of other courses I prefer.

I've yet to play Deis, but have played several of the state's highest ranked, and think Mt Airy is the best I've played in the state by a very comfortable margin.

That said, I seem to like Mt. Airy more than most people, so there's that.

Doesn't Tim usually post an updated list of the top 50 or 100 tracks in the country every year? When does that come out?

Ohio has some good courses that don't get enough credit. Portage lakes, sunny lake, Burr oak state park, Osage, and friends of punderson are all courses I like more than deis.
If you haven't been to Osage in the past couple years you'll be surprised at how much better it's become. Plus 6 extra holes have been added.

Maryland: Seneca Creek State Park (4.26) - lot of good memories playing Seneca, one of the first courses I played that WOW'd me considering I'd only played Bluemont in Arlington and Burke Lake Park before that.

Pennsylvania: Muddy Run DGC (4.67) - technically haven't played this but I've played and loved both Deer Lake AND Moraine.

Tennessee: Harmon Hills (4.73) - love it, top 5 for me. Pads are kind of dated, and I prefer the first 18. I've probably played better courses but something about it.

Virginia: Hawk Hollow - Plentiful Creek (4.73) - not sure if this counts? I've played HH south and the USWDGC layout? Either way it's amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if Lake Marshall starts stepping on some toes here soon.

West Virginia: Whippin' Post (4.41) - love it, top 5 for me. Hard as **** but an absolute blast

"Reasonable" Wish List.

Delaware: Iron Hill (4.29) Not too far and I want to play longs and shoot a billion over

Kentucky: Idlewild (4.76) this one is kind of a stretch, seems like kentucky should be closer than it is

Michigan: Flip City Disc Golf Park (4.84) would be visiting a friend AND road tripping for this one

Missouri: Harmony Bends DGC (4.90) no clue how I would get there but it IS #1

North Carolina: Ashe County Park (4.47) I should have stopped by here during my Tail of the Dragon trip last year, I guess that's a big mistake by me. Is it really better than Renny Gold?

Pennsylvania: Muddy Run DGC (4.67) Is this really better than Deer Lake or Moraine? I doubt it

New Jersey: Stafford Woods (4.22) I honestly have no clue what is in New Jersey except a friend's parents house and the Mob

North Idaho landed 2 courses in UDisc top 100 courses in the WORLD list. Check em out...
https://udisc.com/blog/post/worlds-best-disc-golf-courses-1-100

AWOL is great. While I haven't played Baldfoot, the fact that it rates 4.6 on UDisc vs 3.33 on DGCR makes me feel suspect about its inclusion on a top 100 courses list. Planning a trip through the panhandle over Memorial Day weekend so I'll likely give it a spin and see for myself. Really looking forward to getting out on Caliber. From everything I've read and heard its the real deal.

Pennsylvania: Muddy Run DGC (4.67) Is this really better than Deer Lake or Moraine? I doubt it

Sounds like John Houck's new course at Agape Farm is going to be better than all of them.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BAF1BAEE-41DE-4844-9305-19A95A483FFE.jpg
    BAF1BAEE-41DE-4844-9305-19A95A483FFE.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 173
AWOL is great. While I haven't played Baldfoot, the fact that it rates 4.6 on UDisc vs 3.33 on DGCR makes me feel suspect about its inclusion on a top 100 courses list. Planning a trip through the panhandle over Memorial Day weekend so I'll likely give it a spin and see for myself. Really looking forward to getting out on Caliber. From everything I've read and heard its the real deal.

I concur that while Baldfoot is a fun course through a beautiful cedar forest, it is no where near top 100 in the world. 3 ish sounds like a reasonable rating.

Be sure to check out the 9 holer in Clark Fork, ID on your panhandle trip. I don't normally recommend 9 holers, but it has two tees and two baskets for each hole and is set on an old BG course so there are a couple par 4 type holes. Caliber is as good as you've heard it is!

Eight of the nine DGCR reviews for Baldfoot are over four years old. There have been many improvements in that time. The vast majority of the 196 Udisc ratings have most likely taken place recently.

There are a few stupid pin placements at Baldfoot, but overall it is much closer to 4.6 than it is to 3.33. It's a technical, picturesque, fairly short, well maintained course that will hopefully still exist in the years to come. The city is contemplating selling the land. If the lease gets extended next month I'll try to get an up to date review written for it soon.

Caliber is an excellent course, once it has enough reviews it will most likely be in the top 25 in the world. Once Caliber's sister course, Motherload, is complete North Idaho could be become a premier DG destination.

Latest posts