• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My 5 Star Courses

cox3

Par Member
Premium Member
1. Maple Hill (Leicester, Massachusetts)
2. Harmony Bends (Columbia, Missouri)
3. Lake Marshall - Lions (Montross, Virginia)
4. Selah Ranch - Lakeside (Talco, Texas)
5. Roy G. Guerrero (Austin, Texas)
6. Muddy Run Park (Holtwood, Pennsylvania)
7. Langley Pond DiscGolfPark (Burnettown, South Carolina)
8. Gifford Pinchot State Park - Quaker's Challenge (Lewisberry, Pennsylvania)
9. Palmetto Point Park (Eustis, Florida)
10. IDGC - W.R. Jackson (Appling, Georgia)
11. Iron Hill Park (Newark, Delaware)
12. Ashe County Park (Jefferson, North Carolina)
13. Deer Lakes Park (Tarentum, Pennsylvania)
14. Ogeechee Crossing DiscGolfPark (Louisville, Georgia)
15. Panther Creek State Park (Morristown, Tennessee)
16. Diavolo (Cary, North Carolina)
17. Parc des Familles (Marrero, Louisiana)
18. Idlewild (Burlington, Kentucky)
19. West Lake Park (Davenport, Iowa)
20. Kensington Metropark - Toboggan (Milford, Michigan)
21. Shore Winds Blue @ Lakeside Beach State Park (Waterport, New York)
22. Pickard Park (Indianola, Iowa)
23. Highbridge Hills - Granite Ridge (Highbridge, Wisconsin)
24. Moraine State Park (Portersville, Pennsylvania)
25. Mayflower Hills Park (Roanoke, Virginia)
26. Lake Claiborne State Park - Whitetail (Homer, Louisiana)
27. Lake Marshall - Lair (Montross, Virginia)
28. Hornets Nest Park (Charlotte, North Carolina)
29. Selah Ranch - Creekside (Talco, Texas)
30. Whistlers Bend Park (Roseburg, Oregon)
31. Milo McIver State Park (Estacada, Oregon)
32. Lemon Lake County Park - Gold (Crown Point, Indiana)

if you had the time, maybe you could review them proper & we could look at your profile & see how you rank all of those courses you played.

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out that you currently have WR Jackson at 4.5. :)

Ha ha. Touche. I had forgotten that I had even reviewed a few courses many moons ago. I wish that I could just delete those reviews since it's the only ones that I have ever done but I don't think I can. I just updated those ratings to match my current opinion though. Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy!

Last edited:
thats alotta 5 stars there mate

2% of my total courses played. That's what I've settled on as my required number of 5 stars-- otherwise I just don't consider anything 5 star because "nothing's perfect"... lol

So I pretty much just operate on a bell curve system now to ensure I give a full distribution.

DGCRL is alive and well [Disc Golf Course Rating Lite]

All the fun of presenting your courses and ratings without the hassle of reviews or documentation, lol.

Nice list of courses, all of them that I have played would rate very highly, as well.

Also, 2%? 1600 courses is an impressive number. I hope someday you get the chance to list them as played and review some. Reviews from player that have this kind of resume are always insightful.

DGCRL is alive and well [Disc Golf Course Rating Lite]

All the fun of presenting your courses and ratings without the hassle of reviews or documentation, lol.

Nice list of courses, all of them that I have played would rate very highly, as well.

Also, 2%? 1600 courses is an impressive number. I hope someday you get the chance to list them as played and review some. Reviews from player that have this kind of resume are always insightful.

Sorry, you do have them listed, that is a crazy amount of courses. :thmbup::thmbup:

Sadly, I have only played 6 of them.
5 of 6 are in my personal top 5%.
pretty much the rest of them are in my wish list.
you have a good eye for what i also enjoy traveling to play.

5. Roy G. Guerrero (Austin, Texas)
7. Langley Pond DiscGolfPark (Burnettown, South Carolina)
10. IDGC - W.R. Jackson (Appling, Georgia)
15. Panther Creek State Park (Morristown, Tennessee)
18. Idlewild (Burlington, Kentucky)
26. Lake Claiborne State Park - Whitetail (Homer, Louisiana)

2% of my total courses played. That's what I've settled on as my required number of 5 stars-- otherwise I just don't consider anything 5 star because "nothing's perfect"... lol

So I pretty much just operate on a bell curve system now to ensure I give a full distribution.

Thats an impressive list. I have trouble agreeing with Lions, Lair, and Harmony Bends all being rated the same.

Thanks for sharing your 5s. Always interesting to get the perspective of someone who's played a crap ton of courses.

The only one of your top 15 that I've played is #1 Maple Hill. I'm a bit disappointed to see that a course I played almost 10 years ago still hasn't been surpassed. I played the white layout and it's still #1 in my much smaller book. Maple Hill's a special course for sure, but with the overall quality of courses improving it can't stay on top forever.

Other courses on your list that I've also played are #18 Idlewild and #19 West Lake Park. I'll often mention both in the same breath. Even though they are very different courses, both are super challenging for my game. Funny to see that you've got them back to back.

The only other one on your list that I've played is #32 Lemon Lake Gold. I didn't review that one, but probably give it a 4.5.

Only played Panther Creek, of those listed.

That is a tough one for me to review. I objectively know that it is a really good course. But man is it a grind. I can't say that I honestly enjoyed it.

How can you say Harmony Bends is "perfect in every possible way" when holes #13 and #14 are backwards?

How can you say Harmony Bends is "perfect in every possible way" when holes #13 and #14 are backwards?

If you play those holes correctly - that is, don't walk across 14's fairway to get to 13, use the mando left on 13, and play the blue tee on 14 (which has a tight gap off the tee), then those holes are pretty much perfect. Yes, the shortcut from 12's basket shouldn't exist, and I did just assume a lot on how the general public behaves, but those holes are very good. And reversing the order of those two (hole 13 being 14 backwards and 14 being 13 backwards) would create two boring holes and routing issues to hole 15.

My gut tells me I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. :|

But I know people have complained about the walk from #12 to #13. I'm all for safe course design, but IMO that whole crossing #14 to get to #13's tee is over blown.

IIRC, it's only an issue when walking to 13 red, but not going to #13 white or blue. Plus there's a sign warning people you're about to cross a fairway.

Anyone playing #14 just did the same thing, so there's a good chance they're watching out for folks coming from #12. The fairway being crossed is relatively out in the open, so you can kinda see what's about to happen, as can people about to tee off on #14.

And the course flows pretty well as you walk from basket to next tee. People make a much bigger deal of it than it is.

Latest posts