• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green Mountain Championships

alfonseski

Birdie Member
Thought I would create this thread. The Green Mountain Championships kicks off tomorrow(real competition starts friday). This is an A tier event with lots of big names, Ricky Wysocki(two time defending champ), Paul Ulibarri, Nate Doss, Steve Brinster, Simon Lizotte, also this year they added many of the top women. This is a great course that now has 36 holes located at Smugglers Notch Vermont. Here are some videos from last years action, great production value on these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEudkeUum_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIgJJaXTuPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LasUTAzIwk

I will be up there competing in AM1 but also watching some of the top names in our sport. Thought it was worth mentioning as it is the biggest tournament this coming weekend:)

Same here. Looking forward to seeing the coverage. Beautiful place. Was in that area years ago doing some skiing.

Looks like VT has it all now.

Smugglers notch in September was the most beautiful course I've ever played.

Thought I would create this thread. The Green Mountain Championships kicks off tomorrow(real competition starts friday)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEudkeUum_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIgJJaXTuPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LasUTAzIwk

I will be up there competing in AM1 but also watching some of the top names in our sport. Thought it was worth mentioning as it is the biggest tournament this coming weekend:)

Anyone have contact info for the folks producing these?

I've enjoyed these videos as well and would like get in touch with the folks behind them. Anyone have a lead? I have tried to contact folks via the Smuggler's Notch youtube page but haven't heard back after a couple attempts. I think the person in charge of the page is not the video producer.

The '14 Final nine video would make a great addition to an episode of Disc Golf Live. There are many visually appealing DG videos out there but very few production crews take the extra step to add quality commentary.

Best regards,

Joe

Anyone have contact info for the folks producing these?

I've enjoyed these videos as well and would like get in touch with the folks behind them. Anyone have a lead? I have tried to contact folks via the Smuggler's Notch youtube page but haven't heard back after a couple attempts. I think the person in charge of the page is not the video producer.

The '14 Final nine video would make a great addition to an episode of Disc Golf Live. There are many visually appealing DG videos out there but very few production crews take the extra step to add quality commentary.

Best regards,

Joe

The videos, were produced, or at least contracted out, by the resort directly. The commentary is done by the TD, Jeff Spring. He's probably your best POC for more information.

Follow DG Guy on twitter/facebook/instagram for updates. I think he may work on live scoring too?

Bummed I'm not there.

The videos, were produced, or at least contracted out, by the resort directly. The commentary is done by the TD, Jeff Spring. He's probably your best POC for more information.

Cool. Thanks Brad. I will drop him a note for sure. Looks like a great facility and tourney.

Joe

Anyone at the event willing to send a few cans of the Under-stable IPA over to Illinois?

Yeah anyone try the understable ipa. Usually not a session ipa fan as they taste like a drowned out IPA. That's why they invented lagers.

At the party they will have cans and it is on tap! I was watching a bunch of the top guys today. Ricky brought his A game.

At the party they will have cans and it is on tap! I was watching a bunch of the top guys today. Ricky brought his A game.

What was the layout for today? Did they just play the Brewster Ridge course from the golds or was it a mix between that and the fox run course?

What was the layout for today? Did they just play the Brewster Ridge course from the golds or was it a mix between that and the fox run course?

I wasn't there but I'm nearly positive it was one round from both - according to a friend of mine they split up the MPO field and half started on brewster while the others started on fox run. According to the PDGA live scoring that I found here Ricky started on Brewster and then KILLED fox run. It's really nice to see all those bad scores on hole 7 though!

Competing in AM2 tomorrow. Getting pretty excited since this is the biggest tournament I will have ever played in. Can't say I'm not excited for the beer too. Anyone else on DCGR going?

I wasn't there but I'm nearly positive it was one round from both - according to a friend of mine they split up the MPO field and half started on brewster while the others started on fox run. According to the PDGA live scoring that I found here Ricky started on Brewster and then KILLED fox run. It's really nice to see all those bad scores on hole 7 though!

I was wondering because I've played both from the gold tees, and -10 on Brewster Ridge is crazy. I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I'm pretty proud of shooting E from those tees. The -15 on Fox Run just doesn't make sense, since they only have 9 holes on that layout regularly. I want to see how they configured it for that round.

I was wondering because I've played both from the gold tees, and -10 on Brewster Ridge is crazy. I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I'm pretty proud of shooting E from those tees. The -15 on Fox Run just doesn't make sense, since they only have 9 holes on that layout regularly. I want to see how they configured it for that round.

Fox Run is a full 18 now (very very recently completed). They took out the first hole of the old layout (19 by the old hole numbers) and made what was hole 21, with the teepad right next to the arbor trek sign, hole 1. You play the next 2 and then walk along a path to the 10 new holes, so on that live scoring link holes 4-13 are the new holes. You then walk back and finish with the rest of the original holes, ending with the throw down the huge hill at the cars. The new holes IMO are much longer, more difficult, and have even more restrictive OB, which makes Ricky's scoring even more impressive. I do think that 13 being a par 5 is a little off but other than that I think the pars are fair, especially for hole 7 - it's 1150 feet from golds.