• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green? Where's a good green?

TxDiscGolfBoy

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Am working on a dye with the main colors being the rasta flag. Red yellow green.

The only green I could find in the store, RIT wise, was the dark green. I started dying and after a few minutes (I check about 3-4 times while trying to reach a certain shade) I realize that this green is going to be WAYYY TO DARK. I still have enough room, or enough dye potential to reach a decent green though the somewhat olive colored green I have now on the disc.

Need help. The dye is AWSOME except for this green that needs fixing.

Any help would be much appreciated!!! Mixing colors work? What should I do.

This is the ultimate green that I would like ---> :sick:

do a wash in kelly (irish) green. its really bright and will tone up the olive you have now.;)

yeah, i just looked at a list of rit dyes. they don't have kelly green in any store that I've seen here. maybe i'll walk to the tom thumb on my lunch break and see if they have any

Kelly Green, only way to get true green out of the bottle/ box. Apple green is good too, but looks like a rotting apple green. Dark Green is DARKKKKKKK green.

yeah, i found out the hard way. thank goodness i lifted up (while checking for bubbles) the disc to see how dark it was getting. i've got the room to make it greener. *wipes brow*

but it looks like kelly green is the only way to go.

would michaels have it? or hobby lobby?

michaels or HL might have it. i have to go to a fabric store to get some of the harder to find colors.

My wife picked me up some kelly green at the Hobby Lobby in Rockwall. It's not exactly near Fort Worth but iirc they are the same district so a local hoblob for you should have it.

How convenient, this is exactly what I was looking for b/c I too am doing a rasta flag. Actually, I'm going to a Toots and the Maytals logo over some rasta (red/yellow/green) marbling. Kelly green huh. What about yellow? Any yellow good?

bruce-conner-design-for-mankind-bombhead-412x516-1.jpg

^ You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I find those color formulas hit or miss. I mix my own and use a paper towel to dip it in and dry to see what it actually looks like. I just made a lime green with about 30% kelly green, 65% lemon yellow, and 5% turquoise.

Well, the color formula won't work out for me b/c I still can't find Kelly Green. :(