• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Bag or Golf Mahal

I was just looking for opinions. I do feel that Mahal owners are sensitive because they paid so much and they have to justify that investment. and people that dont have either are prob just jealous>(me). I want a grip and have looked at the Mahal. SImian is an interesting bag but I have never seen it in person. regardless, getting 40 posts out of this is more than I expected. Is there anyone who isnt happy with there Mahal? because It seems like I have only heard positive. this fact could be a game changer.

I have both. Love them both for different reasons. However I have noticed that the Mahal is the bag I choose to use for tournaments. I can haul more stuff with it easier. For casual rounds I really like the GRIP. I also have a Kong bag that gets out of the closet every once in a while. If I were looking to buy and trying to decide, I would go with the Mahal. You can modify it into many different configurations very quickly. It's the most durable bag I have owned. Very comfortable fully loaded. It will haul the house. I pick the Mahal.
I may have an issue with bags?

So far I have owned Revo Dual Packs, Revo Carolina and I have had the Grip 1st Run. So far I really like the Revo Dual Pack the best out of all of those. The main compartment is really nice for my discs and I can carry a sweatshirt or jacket for winter golf in the top zipper compartment. However, I don't use the top compartment at all in the summer time. This is where the Grip comes into play for me. I see it as a smaller backpack in comparison to me Dual pack.

I had the 1st run for a little while and I liked it only for Summer golf and since I was only going to have 1 bag at the time I got rid of it and went back to my Revo. However, I think I need two now so that why I want the Grip.

I love to see the new smaller backpack that Revo is going to release. Does anyone have any info on it?

I was just looking for opinions. I do feel that Mahal owners are sensitive because they paid so much and they have to justify that investment. and people that dont have either are prob just jealous>(me). I want a grip and have looked at the Mahal. SImian is an interesting bag but I have never seen it in person. regardless, getting 40 posts out of this is more than I expected. Is there anyone who isnt happy with there Mahal? because It seems like I have only heard positive. this fact could be a game changer.

The Mahal owners aren't trying to justify their cost. They are trying to tell people the extra bit of money is so worth it. The quality, comfort and load bearing system are worth the extra cost. I have never seen anyone post of having their Mahal rip, get crappy customer service, etc

Get a Mahal

that appears to be the consensus. i just dont like the way it looks. and to me if I am going to spend 300 bucks on a bag it better be sexy.

that appears to be the consensus. i just dont like the way it looks. and to me if I am going to spend 300 bucks on a bag it better be sexy.

LOL you are buying a bag

I think you and I have a different definition of sexy

I don't care how it looks. I care how it functions

LOL you are buying a bag

I think you and I have a different definition of sexy

I don't care how it looks. I care how it functions

I guess thats where I differ. I do care what it looks like. just like anything I buy. I want function and style. i dont want a $300 functional but ugly pos

there inlies the prob. I also want accessiblity. I dont like that I cant get one. makes me not want to get one.

Children...play nice....

But in any event, discounting a preference for appearance is somewhat silly. Half the discs people buy are because the look cool (Gold Line? Pearly Plastic?). Why should aesthetics not factor into your decision on a bag as well?

In any event, I'm sure the mahal's a great bag, it's just not for me given its appearance. If it works for you, great. I don't think this type of discussion needs to be divided into one camp or the other. A like for one doesn't necessarily mean you have to dislike the other.

Children...play nice....

But in any event, discounting a preference for appearance is somewhat silly. Half the discs people buy are because the look cool (Gold Line? Pearly Plastic?). Why should aesthetics not factor into your decision on a bag as well?

In any event, I'm sure the mahal's a great bag, it's just not for me given its appearance. If it works for you, great. I don't think this type of discussion needs to be divided into one camp or the other. A like for one doesn't necessarily mean you have to dislike the other.

Stop trying to be rational on the interwebz Apoth lol

If Grip has fixed their issues I would take a hard look at them. I know the Mahal is great

flamewar.jpg

Lulz you guys! If you are looking at availability in the bags, you still might want to contact Mystery Ranch since they only build the bags in the Spring time and that's it till next year. I know a lot of people on here purchased them then, myself included. I too have used a Kong before getting this bag, and the Kong wasn't big enough for me to hold everything I wanted, and the Mahal does just that. I also think that the Mahal in camo is dead sexy! I get compliments all the time on the course, but taste is subjective anyways.

that isnt sexy. unless fat is sexy. that is one bag that needs to get on a treadmill. why not get a rolling suitcase. or a dufflebag.

Latest posts