• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

I don't have an A series, I have an L. The pocket may be bigger but the pocket of my L is much easier to get stuff in and out of. Also the small pockets of the inside of that pocket seem smaller. I like it and again, maybe it will stretch and little with use.

As for your post count and VIP access, good for you. I'm glad you made the most of your life so far.

I forget that sarcasm is lost when posting in forums. False braggadocio does not translate well...

Thanks for the input on the pocket (not being sarcastic). I'm pretty excited to get mine next Tuesday.

^ Damn man now I feel bad HeavyCritters, thought you were being an elitist:)

My Mini Grip arrived this morning right on time (THANKS FEDEX!!!) for me to use it on a long course. Twice around and the bag performed beautiful. This is my first backpack bag and I am very glad I kept waiting for the right one for me. This is it. Extremely comfortable, light, easy on and off, and easy to get at the discs in the main. Tried another backpack for a couple days and I felt like I had to bend way over to access the discs in the main. This one was so much easier.

The bag stood up great on various terrain, very sturdy. I will note that I am cautious where I set it down, but showed no signs of instability.

It had a place for everything I like to carry on the course and it was all easily accessible. The bag is laid out very nicely.

And after all of my crying about the bottle holders it fit my 40oz klean kanteen with little trouble. It is tight but not to the point I am concerned about it hurting the seems. After only a day of use it is already beginning to loosen up and slide in and out easier. I had plenty of water for the whole day.

I carried 6 Drivers, 3 Mids, 2 Putters in the main and 2 Putters in the quiver. Probably could fit one more driver in the main but I don't need it. Golden Retriever and Birdie Bag in each side pocket on one side and a mini and my iPod touch in the other two side pockets. Extra Innova towel and scorecards in the main flap. My flashlight, smokes, keys, (love the key clip!) wallet, and two cliff bars in the valuables pocket with room to spare.

I really feel I scored with this thing. Fits my body size (5'8") great without me looking like I'm going on a month long expedition. It also looks reasonable to use on a smaller course.

Thanks Grip for a great bag and looking forward to the rainfly.

^ Damn man now I feel bad HeavyCritters, thought you were being an elitist:)

My Mini Grip arrived this morning right on time (THANKS FEDEX!!!) for me to use it on a long course. Twice around and the bag performed beautiful. This is my first backpack bag and I am very glad I kept waiting for the right one for me. This is it. Extremely comfortable, light, easy on and off, and easy to get at the discs in the main. Tried another backpack for a couple days and I felt like I had to bend way over to access the discs in the main. This one was so much easier.

The bag stood up great on various terrain, very sturdy. I will note that I am cautious where I set it down, but showed no signs of instability.

It had a place for everything I like to carry on the course and it was all easily accessible. The bag is laid out very nicely.

And after all of my crying about the bottle holders it fit my 40oz klean kanteen with little trouble. It is tight but not to the point I am concerned about it hurting the seems. After only a day of use it is already beginning to loosen up and slide in and out easier. I had plenty of water for the whole day.

I carried 6 Drivers, 3 Mids, 2 Putters in the main and 2 Putters in the quiver. Probably could fit one more driver in the main but I don't need it. Golden Retriever and Birdie Bag in each side pocket on one side and a mini and my iPod touch in the other two side pockets. Extra Innova towel and scorecards in the main flap. My flashlight, smokes, keys, (love the key clip!) wallet, and two cliff bars in the valuables pocket with room to spare.

I really feel I scored with this thing. Fits my body size (5'8") great without me looking like I'm going on a month long expedition. It also looks reasonable to use on a smaller course.

Thanks Grip for a great bag and looking forward to the rainfly.

This is great. Thanks for the write up, especially the bit about how it stood up on various terrain. That was my main fear about this bag.

The A-Series is OK, but not much different than the L-Series as far as how it does-or-doesn't tip over. My A-Series dumps all of the time and I make fun of Grip for it.

Someday, SOMEONE will come out with "Weebles Wobble" technology.

Ha! I've actually thought about the weeble wobble concept.

Two of my friends have grips, one a L and one an A. This bag seems to be sturdier than either one of those. I thought it might be less stable too but I do believe it is more stable. It doesn't want to rock forward or backward. Even riding in the back of my old Montero to the course and on my way home it did not tip over. About a 20 min drive. It was sitting front to back and i wasn't trying to go easy on it while driving. I'd say that was a pretty good test.

Still here. :|

Didn't already buy a smaller backpack bag??

How's that Catalyst holding up for you?

Catalyst is the wifes bag, and it's holding up pretty well, thanks for asking.

Ours were sitting on the front porch when we got home.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140830_205047.jpg
    20140830_205047.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 165
I didn't notice the valuables pocket to be a lot larger, until I compared the smaller organization pockets inside.
they are deeper and there seems to be more room above them also.

I think the rain fly will be available in October and its a nice design.

How are you liking yours mattc? I would guess your wife will be hangin up the catalyst. I'm really happy with mine, perfect size.

How are you liking yours mattc? I would guess your wife will be hangin up the catalyst. I'm really happy with mine, perfect size.

Haven't had any time with it yet, but it holds the perfect amount of discs for casual purposes.
I also just noticed that the putter quiver will hold 5-6 discs if you leave it down. (I've always had mine raised up)

I don't know if the wife will bail on her catalyst, she liked it, better than her A-series.
But she complains it too heavy.

I think these C-14 bags are pretty nice little bags.

Hopefully this afternoon I will spend some more time with it.
This morning I have a work party to run, for a new course I am building at the college.
But I will at least cut some red air line for the zipper pulls like I did on the A-Series.

Not sure if it was mentioned I this thread but there is no rain fly included w this small Grip bag.

Dude, I have probably said this before, but I am SO mad at myself for not coming up with your user name before you did. If you ever want to give it up, I'll pay the $10 to take it off your hands and send you some plastic.

Classic Beasties, yo. :hfive:

My friend got his in the mail on friday in grey/purple. The color is pretty awesome and the bag has standard grip quality. The main pocket was only holding about 14 discs, but im sure it will hold a couple more once the fabric breaks in.

Overall thoughts is its a nice lightweight backpack bag with lifetime warranty and quality materials. However, compared to my grip A I just dont see a use for these aside from casual rounds. There is essentially no storage, it wont hold a 32oz nalgene and as of now there is no rainfly. A really nice bag but I still prefer carrying 16 discs in my A series.

My friend got his in the mail on friday in grey/purple. The color is pretty awesome and the bag has standard grip quality. The main pocket was only holding about 14 discs, but im sure it will hold a couple more once the fabric breaks in.

Overall thoughts is its a nice lightweight backpack bag with lifetime warranty and quality materials. However, compared to my grip A I just dont see a use for these aside from casual rounds. There is essentially no storage, it wont hold a 32oz nalgene and as of now there is no rainfly. A really nice bag but I still prefer carrying 16 discs in my A series.

This sounds perfect as 99% of my rounds are local, casual rounds. I just need a place to throw my keys, sunglasses and maybe a Clif bar.

I was able to fit a 40oz klean kanteen in mine and have kept a 32oz nalgene in it over night to loosen it up and it's already getting easier to take it in and out. That's about 27 hrs of time so I'm sure it will break in nicely and work out just fine. (I'm the one who complained the most about the size of the bottle holders, now I am an idiot)

Latest posts