• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

I didn't have them pushed all the way in but I just think it's going to be a tight fit that will not be fun putting them back in. I went ahead and ordered a pair of camelbak eddy bottles. Even with stretching the pockets it's just not designed for that size. I kind of wish they stuck with the same size water pockets but I understand why. If going small though for overall width then go small. These are like a tenth of an inch smaller diameter and doesn't really do anything except eliminate the most popular water bottle brand and size from working well.

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but how well does it stand up fully loaded? Can it handle hills, uneven terrain? Thanks

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but how well does it stand up fully loaded? Can it handle hills, uneven terrain? Thanks

I don't think anyone's had one long enough to know. Mine stands up find in the field. The only time I had any issue was when the main comp. was empty and the putter pocket was loaded up. I also ran into it on accident.

damn, those camo's look so dope. my fiancee offered to get me the A14 in camo when/if it comes out. Hopefully Grip doesn't backtrack on that bc I will be kicking myself in the balls for passing up on the C14 in camo...

2qno9bo.jpg

Got it loaded up. 9 drivers. 4 of those I consider fairways. 4 mids. 2 putters in the top quiver. I could stuff two more drivers in there and another putter in the quiver but I don't need anymore than this. Trying to keep it a light weight summer bag. It really doesn't do anything my DD Soldier bag doesn't do but it is a Grip and is a better made and sturdier bag. Plus it's a backpack and not a bag with quad straps. I like the soldier but I just prefer a backpack style. Like the soldier bag though this is very low on storage and no pencil sleeves. Does have plenty of pockets for minis and scorecards though.

I thought for a brief moment I'd miss those side storage pockets but I don't think I do. They are awkward shaped anyway and unless you insist on stuffing a rain jacket in one or extra towels they didn't serve a purpose to me. This can still hold an extra towel or I can stuff a jacket or towels up under the flap and under the quiver.

I like it so far. I might make it out saturday to play but definitely by sunday.

As for standing up, it does fine on even ground. Like any bag you're going to have tipping issues if you sit it on uneven ground. That's just the way it is.

So aside from missing pencil sleeves it's got another drawback. The storage pocket under the quiver I think is bigger and deeper than my L frame but I'd still like to see a separate pocket inside that lined with felt or velvet or something for smart phones. Sticking my phone and keys in the same pocket while I bounce around is just so 2011.

They need a D ring at the top of the bag too not one that is six inches down. I love the D rings on the bag they're great but add another one at the top of the bag so I can clip on my towel and it doesn't drag on the ground. Little things that should be no brainers but for some reason grip hasn't changed yet on these bags.

This will be my first Grip bag and I'm looking forward to it. Have been around quite a few of them on the course and it does puzzle me that a company thats been around for a while doesn't do those little things like you mentioned. Especially a company that only makes bags for disc golf. Wonder why no bag maker has made a dedicated sleeve for a golden retriever, strange. All that aside it is a pretty nice bag that should last for a good amount of time.

There's plenty of slots that a golden retriever could fit in on most DG bags, Grips included. I think it'd be more odd if a bag company made a storage area for such a specific product that wasn't their own.

I see what you mean but it is almost standard equipment in disc golf. If you play a course with water your gonna be carrying one.

They also don't make discs or water bottles but make the bag that carries them. So your point about them not making a retriever is not that valid.

2qno9bo.jpg

Got it loaded up. 9 drivers. 4 of those I consider fairways. 4 mids. 2 putters in the top quiver. I could stuff two more drivers in there and another putter in the quiver but I don't need anymore than this. Trying to keep it a light weight summer bag. It really doesn't do anything my DD Soldier bag doesn't do but it is a Grip and is a better made and sturdier bag. Plus it's a backpack and not a bag with quad straps. I like the soldier but I just prefer a backpack style. Like the soldier bag though this is very low on storage and no pencil sleeves. Does have plenty of pockets for minis and scorecards though.

I thought for a brief moment I'd miss those side storage pockets but I don't think I do. They are awkward shaped anyway and unless you insist on stuffing a rain jacket in one or extra towels they didn't serve a purpose to me. This can still hold an extra towel or I can stuff a jacket or towels up under the flap and under the quiver.

I like it so far. I might make it out saturday to play but definitely by sunday.

As for standing up, it does fine on even ground. Like any bag you're going to have tipping issues if you sit it on uneven ground. That's just the way it is.

So aside from missing pencil sleeves it's got another drawback. The storage pocket under the quiver I think is bigger and deeper than my L frame but I'd still like to see a separate pocket inside that lined with felt or velvet or something for smart phones. Sticking my phone and keys in the same pocket while I bounce around is just so 2011.

They need a D ring at the top of the bag too not one that is six inches down. I love the D rings on the bag they're great but add another one at the top of the bag so I can clip on my towel and it doesn't drag on the ground. Little things that should be no brainers but for some reason grip hasn't changed yet on these bags.

I have almost the same set up without any issues and like you said could fit 2 more drivers in the main area.
The pencil slots are on the cup holders, 2 on each one.

This will be my first Grip bag and I'm looking forward to it. Have been around quite a few of them on the course and it does puzzle me that a company thats been around for a while doesn't do those little things like you mentioned. Especially a company that only makes bags for disc golf. Wonder why no bag maker has made a dedicated sleeve for a golden retriever, strange. All that aside it is a pretty nice bag that should last for a good amount of time.

On this bag, those front slit pockets hold a golden retriever well, that is where I put mine.

Thanks man. I'm not sayin you can't fit one in almost any bag aside from the Nutsac. They are usually wet and grimy if you use one and it would be a cool feature to have somewhere to store it out of the way of everything else. I keep mine in a nylon cinch bag and that works fine too.

I don't even own a golden retriever, we have very few courses with any water on them around here.
Not counting rivers

I would like to see a pic of the pocket on the back if possible.
Is it for a hydration bladder?

I see what you mean but it is almost standard equipment in disc golf. If you play a course with water your gonna be carrying one.

They also don't make discs or water bottles but make the bag that carries them. So your point about them not making a retriever is not that valid.

So... You don't see what I mean.

Haha, but they don't make them to specifically hold rocs only or to specifically hold ozarka brand bottles.

I have almost the same set up without any issues and like you said could fit 2 more drivers in the main area.
The pencil slots are on the cup holders, 2 on each one.

On this bag, those front slit pockets hold a golden retriever well, that is where I put mine.

I thought I might be missing them but I really didn't search it up and down. I kind of looked where they were on my L frame and then thought it was odd. Still kind of odd they're on the drink pouches but it's good they are somewhere. I agree the side pockets will hold a golden retriever nicely. They hold minis, scorecards, and stuff like that but anything thick or bulky is a not easily stuffed in them. I think a mini clipboard will work so that will be nice for a tournament or league round.

Overall so far I think it's a great bag for the price. No buyer's remorse but I need to get a feel for the overall weight when I get my new bottles in there full of water.

The main pocket (behind the grip logo) is nice but it's pretty tight. I can barely fit my s4 in there. I hope it stretches with use.