• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

At least you can admit it. The other thousands of idiots around here can't.

Yea Im not trying to be a hater at all I love grip and I am sure this bag will be exactly what a lot of people are looking for. Its a good minimalist approach and really comfy, it just isnt for me cuz im a packrat :D

Just wanted to give some extra perspective since its the first one ive seen and used in person.

This sounds perfect as 99% of my rounds are local, casual rounds. I just need a place to throw my keys, sunglasses and maybe a Clif bar.

Then this is probably the backpack you need! It is really effective for casual rounds. I just use an innova standard bag with a voodoo strap and 10 discs for those types of rounds, but if you have the 180 for the new grip then go for it :)

I was able to fit a 40oz klean kanteen in mine and have kept a 32oz nalgene in it over night to loosen it up and it's already getting easier to take it in and out. That's about 27 hrs of time so I'm sure it will break in nicely and work out just fine. (I'm the one who complained the most about the size of the bottle holders, now I am an idiot)

Well that is good to know cuz first impressions seemed like it wouldnt work, and my buddy was kind of upset cuz hes a nalgene elitist

At least you can admit it. The other thousands of idiots around here can't.
(If this was intended for me) Never really had a problem owning up to being a moron. I was wrong and time to move on. I'm sure I will continually gain idiot status tho :)

Well that is good to know cuz first impressions seemed like it wouldnt work, and my buddy was kind of upset cuz hes a nalgene elitist
It was pretty tight but it didn't feel like I was stressing out the seems only the fabric. I had to twist it in a circle to get it all the way to the bottom and I just left it there. Tell your buddy to put em in and let em sit for awhile. My Fade Crunch was the same way and after a couple weeks they pulled in and out fine.

It was pretty tight but it didn't feel like I was stressing out the seems only the fabric. I had to twist it in a circle to get it all the way to the bottom and I just left it there. Tell your buddy to put em in and let em sit for awhile. My Fade Crunch was the same way and after a couple weeks they pulled in and out fine.

I will be doing this with a forty of Colt 45. :p

I will be doing this with a forty of Colt 45. :p

^ St Ides man. If ur gonna go, go hardcore

King Cobra, come on guys.

He had it right the whole time...

colt45WEB.jpg

After some time with the C14 today on the course I really enjoy the bag a lot. It's very comfortable and a great weight/capacity trade off.

You could fit 32 oz Nalgene if you want and left them in there a while. I did and it worked but I didn't want to deal with twisting and stuffing them back in all the time.

After the round the sides of the frame had worked themselves out some and I added another fairway driver because it was a little loose. Now I've got 10 drivers 4 mids and the 2 putters in the quiver. That's plenty for me. I don't see the other bags getting much use anytime soon. Maybe the L frame if I need storage and it's not hot out and I want to carry the extra weight and water. The soldier bag I'll probably use for taking on vacations and other casual stuff. The c14 is probably the closest to my dream bag I've found. Still room for improvement but they did a good job with it.

Got a few rounds in today with the new bag. (8 mids 4 drivers 3 putters) I could fit one more in the main storage and another in the quiver. I was in the market for a smaller bag and I made the right choice. Thank you Grip for another great bag.

20140831_190747_zps063ce3d6.jpg

I noticed today that the quiver pocket is pretty big. I was able to fit my rain jacket in there with no problem. This is nice to know for when I travel this fall and may need a jacket I can just drop 2 discs and have a place for extra layers.

attachment.php

I got my 2 bags set up and ready to go now.

C14 has my basic disc selection - 4 putters, 3 mids, 5 control drivers, and 1 utility driver.
Mini marker disc
Mini/micro stool
Mini clipboard
1 Extra towel
Bug spray
Advil
Birdie bag
Magic eraser
Insulated can Koozie
Misc snack - gum, granola and cliff bar

A-Series has my back up discs for tourney use.
The rest of the discs, and snacks just get brought over from the small bag.
I have duplicates of everything else in the small bag, in the big bag also.
Plus
Full size stool
Rain coat
Rain pants
Small tube Bengay
Sunscreen
2 more Extra towels

Attachments

• 20140901_094636-1.jpg
    20140901_094636-1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 195
My A series weighs in at 15 lbs W/ 23 discs, socks, towels, bug spray, retriever etc..... My C series weighs 8 lbs W/ 15 discs. I am really liking the C series for the smaller courses that I like to play.

mattc how did you get your quiver pocket up that high? I tried to adjust where the two strings are knotted together but I can still only get my putters to stick up about an inch or so above the opening. It's not a big deal but if I can get them to stick up a little higher I could reach them when the bag is on my back.

Also I dig those red zipper things. How'd ya do that

mattc how did you get your quiver pocket up that high? I tried to adjust where the two strings are knotted together but I can still only get my putters to stick up about an inch or so above the opening. It's not a big deal but if I can get them to stick up a little higher I could reach them when the bag is on my back.

Also I dig those red zipper things. How'd ya do that

i dont think the back putters are all the way down in the pic, but i store my extra towel in the bottom of the quiver.
i drop it in the bottom, then roll up with the adjuster.

the red things are just small pieces of plastic air line (a straw might work also) over the excess string on the zipper pull.
just remove the pull, slide tubing over string part of zipper pull, then reinstall pull

oh and for the record:
i was able to get my XL hooded sweatshirt into the new larger valuables pocket.
it didnt even stress the zipper to bad.
you just cant fit anything else in there
it took me 3 tries to fold it correctly