• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

I put it in the hole.

Seriously, it fits.

I don't believe the pockets are 2.9"

I'll take a tape measure to the pockets tonight and report back. But 100% they fit. Maybe the 3.6" is off? unsure but it fits. did you measure your camelbak at 3.4"?

I believe I confirmed it after reading it on their website. But I will verify that my water bottle is indeed 3.4" in like 10 minutes.

You know what I've learned, in part from this thread. Is that, Grip EQ bag owners are some of the thirstiest disc golfers out of anybody-

Ya'll are thirsty!

I've double checked mine and verified that both water bottle holders can each hold a fifth of Wild Turkey. 2 fifths a round should be enough for just about anyone.

yeah there's more debate onto which 1L or 80oz bottle fit into the mini compared to how many discs.

Texas heat

I actually do drink 80oz a round during the summer :(

Hydroflasks are 3.6

they are tight but they fit, the smooth sides probably help them slide in

Sounds so dirty.....

and fyi, I carry 14 discs and 40-80 oz of water when I play

Texas heat

I actually do drink 80oz a round during the summer :(

^it was dipping below 40ºF here in CT with the wind while playing yesterday... I had two liters of water with me.

yeah the 1liter camelbak chute or eddie bottles fit fine in the grip mini the weird part was I didn't notice that I actually drank a liter and a half (while the rest of my foursome looked like they killed a 12 pack easy. I don't drink alcohol though.

the great part was that I thought I only had one liter with me, but actually was lugging around both liters in both pockets and didn't even notice a difference in weight, the grip mini is comfortable... i cary 16 discs.

also I could fit my patagonia nano puff hoodie into the valuables pocket (even with my wallet/granola bars/keys inside).

granted those patogonia down sweaters are extremely collapsable - so I assume other similar branded collapsable down jackets/vests will be able to fit too.

if its extreme winter then I'll just use the putter quiver and probably be able to fit the patagonia down sweater, super light waterproof shell, beanie cap, glove and scarf in there. a ton of hand warmers in the valuables pocket, and just roll with 12-13 discs in the main compartment...

You know what I've learned, in part from this thread. Is that, Grip EQ bag owners are some of the thirstiest disc golfers out of anybody-

Ya'll are thirsty!

True that. I usually play with my dog, and she needs water too. She usually drinks at least half of a 24 oz bottle herself, more if the temp is higher and their isn't any natural water on the course. I drink a ton of water as well, so between the 2 of use we always need to pack a lot of water.

Hydration is very important! At least until you get old and start having prostate problems, then dehydration is very important.

They're giving these things away now!

picture.php

They still need to lower the price of the rainfly IEO (in everyone's opinion)

I got a great deal on my rainfly. But the regular price on them is definitely a bit much.... wouldn't have pulled the trigger without the deal.

I bit the bullet and bought the camo one today. Need to scale down my bag for winter/glow play so this is perfect.

I bit the bullet and bought the camo one today. Need to scale down my bag for winter/glow play so this is perfect.

Perfect timing. I got mine after the first price drop. And I really doubt they have any kind of price matching policy...?

I got both the ranger and grip mini now, I still use my ranger more often than not... But I do notice I use the same handful of discs most of the time, but some of the courses up here in Oregon are super technical and I use allot of midranges for accuracy. I can play my truth on so many lines and holes I'm able to really slim down my bag and the mini works perfect for that too.

I guess us early adopters should have waited. I like my grip mini for courses where I don't need many discs or extras.

the price slashing on the A14 bags is obviously a way to clear inventory for the new B Series Grip bags that'll probably be out in Feb/March.

The price slashing on the C14 might be something different though... I have a C14 and love it, but it just isn't a good value right now compared to other bags like Upper Park Designs The Shift.

I have both the C14 and the UPD Shift and the shift is is so much more versatile (because you have the option to carry 20+ discs/jacket/sweater if you need to).

I've ended up using the C14 more this winter though because the footprint is smaller (helpful with cold muddy/damp ground) and the rainfly is so awesome.

I was in the camp of hating the pricing on the rainfly, but I've used the C14 + rainfly in two heavy rain + cold tournaments this fall/winter and can attest to it being excellent (the flap/access/design) where I had a smooth system for keeping my discs dry* .

* three towels, 1st large innova dryFly in the main compartment (for initial wipe down), 2nd towel in one of the drink pockets (2nd wipe down before throwing), and a 3th towel in my jacket pocket (if I need it really dry for putting/drives/hard shots). Keep and extra set of three towels rolled and in a zip lock, in the back dead space behind the discs. the local innova pro taught me this method.

Same here except I went Orange/Gray for my C-14. So happy I waited an extra week as I almost snagged the Gray/Black during Black Friday sale for $169.00 (Black or Gray only). Got busy and decided $7.00 off for limited colors was not critical for me.

Checked back last week and saw $159 for ALL colors and felt the time was right for me to snag my Grip mini. Excellent for quick rounds, winter rounds and Glow rounds. Carrying 21 discs and a bunch of extras in my L-series did feel heavy and only using 8-9 discs in the bag made me want to scale back.

Never used the rainfly once in my L-series so not a big deal to me on the C-14.

Still enjoying my C14. I haven't used my Soldier bag or L frame since but I know I will. The soldier bag just can't be beat for hot summer rounds. So light, so many discs, and 64 oz worth of water.

So yeah I'm a thirsty discer. Some of us don't live in the pac NW and can just lift our heads and open our mouths to get water on a nice cloudy damp day. We actually have to fight the sun and heat. :p

Think I'm going to go order a rainfly for it. Which is odd I've had the L frame for years and used it maybe once. I've played just a bit with my C14 and already needed a rainfly twice.

Latest posts