• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

Carts will help on long courses. I find that it helps to get the weight off my shoulders. If you can save energy by not lugging around a heavy bag, why not do so. One of the best features of my cart is that I can sit on it and relax and watch others throw.

Don't be hatin' on my cart :)

disccart.jpg

i used a cart after a back injury and up until I had back surgery and really miss it now that I am back to carrying my bag again. I really appreciated all the help the cart gave me and might even go back to using one next summer when I carry water for me, wife and disc dog.

I love my cart!! Hold my discs as well as my honeys. I have a cooler for the bottom for water, etc...has a cup holder. My back feels good. I am not having to take a bag on and off. Really comes in handy at tourneys.

Think your haten bc you wish you had one.

i have a friend that is using one now ... told me he feels its saving him 3-6 stokes a round just not being as worn out towards the end of rounds ... i just dont think it would be fun to try and pull or push one around on my local courses here but i can see the positives thats for sure

I say to each his own. I'm an avid hiker and carrying a pack is second nature for me, I like Quad Straps and love my Revo Carolina bag but I can see where a cart makes a better fit for some people. However most of the courses I play regularly like Paw Paw they'd be rendered useless.

My course gets crazy busy sometimes so there is alot of waiting. Its nice to have a cart with a chair etc. when your twittling your thumbs for 15, 20 minutes. I only use it on the weekends and in a tournament. I tried to make it as small and as light as possible.
DSC04760.jpg

I use a cart even when I dont bring my baby to the course. I find it an awesome way to take along a ton of beer, music, ball retrievers, and oh yeah ofcourse your discs.

whats the best way to go about building a cart? getting a ball golf bag one^^^?

I have converted about a half dozen 2 wheel pull carts. The conversion is very easy to do. I will post some pictures when I'm on my computer and not my IPad .

Somedays I consider a cart. It's because I have a herniated disc in-between my shoulder blades which really dictates on how many discs I can carry. I would probably brig ten more if I had a cart. Then I see guys out there dragging along carts and it dosent seem like it's for me. I'll sacrifice a few discs and rely on my comfy quads.

I live in Florida and I've seen a few carts at the North Port course. The North Fort Myers course I see a lot more people have these carts. The more discs I accumulate the more I am thinking about a jogging stroller.

I see nothing wrong with carrying a cart, or any other accoutrements. Last time I checked, this is a free society and we are free to choose whatever we want.

Besides, the people I know who bring carts to competitive rounds are often less tired and can focus better on their throwing, which results in great scores.

Somedays I consider a cart. It's because I have a herniated disc in-between my shoulder blades which really dictates on how many discs I can carry. I would probably brig ten more if I had a cart. Then I see guys out there dragging along carts and it dosent seem like it's for me. I'll sacrifice a few discs and rely on my comfy quads.

I use a small pull cart I built myself. This allows me to carry a bunch of disc when I need to and not hurt my back bending over and picking up a bag all day.

imag0325k.jpg

The other option I use is an innova standard bag with quads on it. Loaded with one water bottle and 10 discs I can stay light on my feet all day. This option helps you blend in with all the guys carrying bags around but doesn't sacrifice the second round.