• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hal and Berni Hanson Regional Park New Course

Grand opening Sept 23rd.

The course is a 9 minutes drive from my house. :D

Nice! Have you heard when the disc golf course will be ready to play?

Little under an hour's drive for me so I'd like to give it a spin.

Sounds like from vasdisc descriptions and from others that I have spoke to everything has been installed from baskets to signs.

It sounds like the main hang up at the moment is completions of the main buildings on site. I believe the original goal was to open on Labor day weekend but they are a couple of weeks behind schedule.

The club's goal was to hold a round or two for the 22 Loco Open Am weekend, which happens to be that same weekend as the opening. So for this year the open will only be at Clark's run.

Course/Park will be open at 530pm this Friday and the at dawn everyday beginning Saturday (9/24).

There is nothing dangerous about this course in any way. It was thoughtfully designed by Lose Designs who did the whole park concept. The course is in a tree conservation area. There was a good bit of analysis done by the designer and county staff to make sure the layout was safe and also fun.

The county has embraced disc golf as a feasible passive option and is being seriously considered on two other park properties. I work for Loudoun county in the office of mapping and I have been tasked on doing the preliminary mapping for one of the new locations.

Latest posts