• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Plastic Series

Seems to be the trend with a few tour series molds changing from swirly star to Halo so far (Wraith '19 Walker -> '21 Gurthie, Destroyer '20 -> '21 Heimburg, and Leopard3 '20 Fajkus -> '21 Scoggins) for 2021. Each of those had a non-tour series run in 2020.

Other swirly star tour series from the past few years were the Koling Thunderbird, Barsby Eagle, '20 Walker TL3, '19 Gurthie Wombat3

Remaining Innova Star team members with TS discs - 2020 and prior :
Sexton (USDGC) - CG Firebird, Nexus Firefly, Stock Signature Star XCalibur new for '21
Koling - Swirly Thunderbird
Salonen - Star Destroyer '20, Star Aviar3 '19
Bloomros - Luster Ch. Roc3
Barsby (1x WC) - Swirly Eagle, Stock Signature Star Roadrunner
Wysocki (2x WC) - Galactic KC Pro Aviar, Pro Pig, Stock Signature Ch. Teebird3 & Star Destroyer

Valerie Mandujano already took the Galactic Pro Aviar Driver for '21 so Ricky will be switching one of his. Innova has done generic team TS Pro Roc3 and Aviar P&A the past couple years so maybe one or more of the remaining will take those. Could see one or both of the FPO players choose the Halo Shryke/Valkyrie/TL3/Roadrunner. Champion team did have 2 different TS Shryke variants already though.

Could see Barsby switch the Eagle plastic (Glow or CG, Luster?) or a different mold entirely since he hasn't been enthusiastic with the swirly star Eagles so far (still working in the first 2019 ones in 2020).

I really hope that someone chooses the halo roadrunner for their tour series disc. I only have one and love it. I need backups.

c274d61140b390cfc0a5f49977451295.jpg

Has anyone experienced this? My halo wraith has been sitting on the shelf for a good half a year and today when I pulled it out I saw this. It seems to be pealing from the middle…

c274d61140b390cfc0a5f49977451295.jpg

Has anyone experienced this? My halo wraith has been sitting on the shelf for a good half a year and today when I pulled it out I saw this. It seems to be pealing from the middle…

was it not like that originally? I have 3 halo wraiths from 2019 (or whatever the year they were first available) and as far as I know all of them have always had something similar to yours

I throw the GG Halo Wraith into extreme headwinds, moderate headwinds I can use my Halo Sidewinder on Kevin Jones-esque hyzer and flips up with a small turn before fading out at the end.

Eh. Typical disc nipple.

Now take that thing out and throw it.

Wouldn't say typical. Haven't seen any other disc have this problem of peeling. At least it shouldn't affect flight so there is that.

Halo Tern and stock Halo Destroyer for my arm speed and altitude is all I like on BH, and Halo Shryke is the best FH disc I've found. I love these two discs. Halo Shryke vs. G* Shryke is a completely different disc. I tend to throw Halo FH almost exclusively these days, but I'm wisely going back to the Halo Destroyer as a 10mph headwind disc for BH distance w/ HW. Safe disc.

My first ace was 370' with a Halo Tern, 5mph headwind. Must be the Halo magic!

I'd like to see a Halo Teeb for FH, I'd hope it would be intuitive and not skip much. A Halo FB..idk. Maybe. Tried some others and they all seem samey in a certain way, overall.

I bet a Halo Leopard 3 is a quality disc, but I haven't tried one yet. If they do a Halo Corvette I'll have to give it a run against the Halo Shryke.

I'd like to see a Halo Teeb for FH, I'd hope it would be intuitive and not skip much. A Halo FB..idk. Maybe. Tried some others and they all seem samey in a certain way, overall.

they did do halo teebird as the free disc on factory second friday somewhat recently, so they do exist in some capacity

I played a round today in 10-12 gust 20-30.

I want to share that the difference between a 172g G* Shryke and a 175g Halo Shryke is about 15mph in stability, if that makes sense. Totally different disc, and I've noticed this with all Halo plastic I've thrown. I've never thrown a Tern in any other plastic besides Halo, but I'd imagine it's more flippy than a similar plastic Shryke.

Something about these Halo discs and HW is satisfying. I ended up throwing Halo plastic on 13/18 tee shots--with good results.

I played a round today in 10-12 gust 20-30.

I want to share that the difference between a 172g G* Shryke and a 175g Halo Shryke is about 15mph in stability, if that makes sense. Totally different disc, and I've noticed this with all Halo plastic I've thrown. I've never thrown a Tern in any other plastic besides Halo, but I'd imagine it's more flippy than a similar plastic Shryke.

Something about these Halo discs and HW is satisfying. I ended up throwing Halo plastic on 13/18 tee shots--with good results.

Almost every G* Shryke I've thrown has been pretty flippy, somewhere in the range of -3 or -4 turn. They're good hyzerflip bombers, but will dive right into the ground if you throw them hard and flat.

Halo Shrykes are very different. Much less flippy, less glide, and less distance. I can absolutely lean into a halo Shryke and not worry about it flipping all the way over.

The halo Tern flies a lot better than the halo Shryke, IMO. Halo Tern is less beefy, and maintains the proper glide.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of halo Shrykes. They just aren't that long, and I don't feel like they represent the mold very well. If I want a good Shryke I'll get a star.

Almost every G* Shryke I've thrown has been pretty flippy, somewhere in the range of -3 or -4 turn. They're good hyzerflip bombers, but will dive right into the ground if you throw them hard and flat.

Halo Shrykes are very different. Much less flippy, less glide, and less distance. I can absolutely lean into a halo Shryke and not worry about it flipping all the way over.

The halo Tern flies a lot better than the halo Shryke, IMO. Halo Tern is less beefy, and maintains the proper glide.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of halo Shrykes. They just aren't that long, and I don't feel like they represent the mold very well. If I want a good Shryke I'll get a star.

I agree with you as far as BH goes, and also about the Halo Tern. But Halo Shryke is an absolutely a killer FH disc.

I throw the Halo Sidewinder. Its my go-to into moderate headwinds as it allows me to get a nice, smooth turn with the smallest of fade for a surprisingly controllable shot into the wind. I primarily throw it backhand, so I don't have much feedback on the forehand yet. Will probably test it out this week.

Has anyone figured out the actual difference between Halo Star and normal Star? How is there a different molding behavior resulting in increased overstability?

I love the feel and flight of the few I've tried.

Black magic probably.

I might be the only one, but I just don't dig the halo stuff. I certainly don't dig the prices, but the feel isn't ideal for me either. I don't like the look either. The chalkier feel probably appeals to lots of folks, but it's kind of odd feeling to me. Sample size of Shryke and Wraith. Won't be buying anymore personally. Unless they come out with a halo Mamba maybe ;)