• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hampton, VA

They switched the baskets out last year and i believe they put discatchers in.

I played Bayville in the summer of 2007, I aced hole 3 (stealth ace gloat), and they were not discatchers at that time. 20 holes, with 2 baskets per hole, so you are saying they replaced all 40 baskets with discatchers, wow, that sounds expensive. What did they do with the old baskets? They didn't seem in disrepair that I can remember.

va beach has the cash, it's a huge tourist trap...i liked the mach 1's..it made for some interseting spit outs and even spit ins...the bottom of the basket was "wide open" for soft putters to sneak thru..was wondering what are peoples favorite baskets?...discatchers are my least fav...i love the chainstar with no number plate...putts that are too high skip a mile off the top

va beach has the cash, it's a huge tourist trap...i liked the mach 1's..it made for some interseting spit outs and even spit ins...the bottom of the basket was "wide open" for soft putters to sneak thru..was wondering what are peoples favorite baskets?...discatchers are my least fav...i love the chainstar with no number plate...putts that are too high skip a mile off the top

Alot of people are complaining about them cus the bottom basket comes up higher now and the band around top is bigger. it just has taken getting used too and everyone is still playin.

old baskets

so you are saying they replaced all 40 baskets with discatchers, wow, that sounds expensive. What did they do with the old baskets? They didn't seem in disrepair that I can remember.

They did replace all 40 with discatchers, one set red and the other yellow, i believe. looks really nice and has great signage, Va beach sure has the money because munden point is the same great signs and two baskets per hole. as for the old baskets they sold them like previously stated at auction, they are still floating around though, i almost bought up 9 of them of craigs list for my course in colonial heights, but then the city paid for 9 so i'm happy for now.

They are tryin to get another course put out here in virginia beach but the cant convince the mayor on it. alot of the old tiomers at bayville go to every meeting for it and say they are getting closer to approval.

some golfers from ny are heading down for the weekend(rolly polly phish heads)...they might be at newport news(closest?)..told him he's passing alot of golf in between so he's taking his directory..steady ed(put in bayville in 78?) showed for the grand opening tourney at NN..way cool

Well, since I'm staying in VA Beach, I'm probably going to play Bayville.

Is it a pay course?
Can I drink beer out there in a discrete fashion?
Will it be as busy as people state in the reviews?

you dont have to pay it is a park. you can drink beer with discretion cus all you see in the trash cans at everyhole is beer cans. i should know alot of them are mine. It probably will be crowded some this weekend cus its gonna be the first really good weekend this year and everyone goes there on those days. but it is a good fun course just watch for other diascs flying at your head alot of the holes crosseach other or are right next to each other

i lived there in the 90's and i know it was a definate no no for beers!! it was free to play and usually busy...20 holes now also, have fun!! va beach wasn't the place to drink in public , lotsa cops and eager to haul ya in

i lived there in the 90's and i know it was a definate no no for beers!! it was free to play and usually busy...20 holes now also, have fun!! va beach wasn't the place to drink in public , lotsa cops and eager to haul ya in

They have slacked off alot now. i guess its cus everyone there drinks now and doesnt cause any trouble. just dont make it obvious and go to the other side of the park where the kid area is. me and my buddies play there quite often and bring a 12 pack every time. just put the beer in a coozie and make sure there cans.

I can't believe I get to see PHISH again in just 1 day....WOO f'in HOO!

Also got the green light from the wife for golf Saturday AM, the weather is gonna be sweet, I'm staying in Newport News, i gotta play go for the 2fer over the historic!

CALLING ALL HEADS, LET's PLAY GOLF!

Here's my new plan, I hope to see some you locals and phish phan golfers out at the course(s):

Newport News warm up for the early round - 8:00am start
New Quarter for the challenge round - 10:00am start

In my world, this is an ideal way to pregame before heading to the lot for night 2's festivities!

i will try to make it out there im not sure what course im mplayin saturday morning.either newport news or bennetts creek but will let you know later