• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Hard or Soft?

Which is more effective

• Total voters
SSS Magic

But gateways plastic is so inconsistant. The ones I use are grippy but not floppy. I've also got a SSS Wizard that's so soft it bends when held horizontal. I've also got an SS that's harder than a base DX Aviar.

After 140 votes we have a tie. I think that pretty much sums it up. either Hard or Soft even a good showing in hybrid. just not Floppy.

I just got a nice, tacky champ Rhyno yesterday. It has more flex on the plate, but overall it still has that stiffer feel that Rhynos have. A stiffer putter keeps my form more consistent. With a floppy putter, I feel like I throw the disc differently every time.

SSS Magic

But gateways plastic is so inconsistant. The ones I use are grippy but not floppy. I've also got a SSS Wizard that's so soft it bends when held horizontal. I've also got an SS that's harder than a base DX Aviar.

ive gotten a couple chalky wizards from different places that are almost exactly the same, but i also have an ss wizard thats real hard and slick (i was pretty disappointed when i opened it after getting the mail).

i think chalky wizards have the perfect combo of tacky stiffness

I feel that a softer disc would be more beneficial for a spin putter and a harder disc for push putting. I feel like the release on the finger pop of a push putt with a softer disc would be too inconsistent. But that a softer putter would grab better for a spin putter with a faster rotation. But hey, that is just one person's speculation. I recently switched from a spin putter with an SSS wizard to a push putter. I really do not like my SSS wizard anymore, but am leaning towards my other, stiffer, practice putters (SS wizard or KC aviar). I am even looking into an S or M wizard. So I personally feel that hard putters are better for push putters.

i like a beat soft magnet which is softer than a jk but not blowfly like i have no idea how people can putt with something as hard as a kc aviar... i mean people have explained to me why which kind of makes sense, but even if thats how you putt i could never get over the feel of a board in my hands..

I liked softies when I first started, I thought I was a spin putter, but after I researched more I found out I actually did like a 75-25% pitch technique. I refined it, picked up 2 organic wizards and a medium wizard and haven't looked back since. I use a stiffer D magnet for apporaches, and a flattish OG wizard for putts.

I use r-pro hydras which are surprisingly stiff for that plastic type. After 1yr 5 mo. they are slightly soft and wonderfully straight. My wife likes Omega SS and r-pro aviars but I can't stand the floppy feel.

I actually carry both and throw both depending on the distance and how I'm putting. Most of the time I'm putting with my Omega SS but when I'm in a funk or not feeling the SS I switch to the Omega AP. Plus, I've found there are certian baskets that do better with each type of putter, super thick chains get the hard putter, thin chains get the floppy.

Latest posts