• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Harp vs Zone

Harp or Zone

• Harp

Votes: 107 34.5%
  • Zone

Votes: 171 55.2%
  • Both

Votes: 32 10.3%

• Total voters
He's_right_you_know.jpg

I have not thrown a Zone, but I bet I would like it in Jawbreaker. I bag two Harps just in case I lose one. It's my go to upshot disc back or forehand. I only throw mediums.

I always carry a zone.
The harp feels too deep for me to throw comfortably.
Also, if I need a little longer, I use my Buzzz os.

Same for me. Love the feel of those two discs.

The Harp wasn't much more OS than a fresh Breaker which I use for hard dead straight low lines, 250ish out, and the Breaker bead doesn't dig into my finger as much as the Harp.

The Zone though, is the best feeling disc I've come across. Have them all but the Soft X.

Zone. If it had the base line blends of stiff, medium, and hard, it would not even be a competition. I think earlier in thread (over a year ago) I said Harp, but it just doesn't feel as good forehand. Can't find a Harp as OS as a Zone, but you can beat in Zones to be where Harps are. Pair a fresh Zone with a fresh Envy and you have every thing several Harps can do and more.

Upon further review, I actually started this thread.

Last edited:
I am a harp thrower and recently I got a jawbreaker zone from a tourney. Like the plastic and the disc is similar, not the same though. For me the Harp is more HIGH speed stable and less LOW speed stable. For my forehand for controlled harp shots I want it to go straight, not turnover. I will anny it if I want that......

I gave the zone a shot head to head, its a good disc no doubt and if harps did not exist I would throw it, but they do exist....

We are just lucky this slot has options now as opposed to a few years ago. With the A series from Prodigy, Pig, Slammer, etc.,it is great to have choices as to what fits you best.

I am a harp thrower and recently I got a jawbreaker zone from a tourney. Like the plastic and the disc is similar, not the same though. For me the Harp is more HIGH speed stable and less LOW speed stable. For my forehand for controlled harp shots I want it to go straight, not turnover. I will anny it if I want that......

I gave the zone a shot head to head, its a good disc no doubt and if harps did not exist I would throw it, but they do exist....

Jawbreaker Zones aren't as HSS as ESP, Ti, Z, Z-FLX, or Cryztal. You aren't going to be turning those blends over.

Loving the Harp more and more. Tournament Plastic Harps are great for hyzers in all conditions, with some skip. My BT Hard Harps fly more straight into a headwind, but hyzer well without as much skip. I'm normally not a fan of cycling, but I could see myself cycling Harps as the BT Hards season in...

In my experience, the Zone can do everything a Harp can do but a Harp isn't as overstable as a premium plastic Zone. I haven't thrown a ton of Harps (a Soft, a Hard and a VIP(?), the champion style plastic one). The most premium plastic Harp I threw matched up with a Pro D Zone in terms of over stability. The one thing I think the Harp has going for it is BT Hard plastic (although the last few DD Classic plastic discs I have felt felt like crap). I wish the Zone was in a better baseline. I am not a fan of Jawbreaker.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bag both currently. Two hard harps (fresh and beat), one flat top z zone. My beat harp will actually turn then fade. I use it for short forehand upshots that I flex on a shallow s line. I use both harps for backhand drives that need to go straight then fade.

I use my zone for short range forehand and backhand hyzers. Thaatttsss pretty much it. Oh, and skip shots.

The harp has better glide, the zone has beefier lss. The harp is slightly faster, the zone is skippier. The harp is more versatile, but the zone is the best at what it does.

This comment is funny to me but totally accurate. Almost a Predator vs. Firebird situation.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Harp if I had to pick one. I've found the justice to fill this need for me lately. With shields in the bag now, the harp was too much overlap for me.

I like how the Predator vs Firebird comparison was brought in. Makes sense to me, as the harp is like a predator and the zone like a firebird, imo. The harp is a little more versatile, but the zone is always dependably overstable.

Love the Harp but I also throw an Envy and a Caltrop. I like various levels of overstability and I throw them for different situations. Never thrown a Zone because I got a Harp and see no need to try a Zone. If it had been the other way around, I'd probably not see the need to try a Harp.

VIP Harp for longish hyzer approaches & skip shots, ESP Zone for utility overstable get out of jail type shots. I throw both pretty often.

I think it doesn't matter, I could use them interchangeably. But, Right now I'm rocking harps....and I just like them, so...eh there it is. Zones are fine too, not problem there, I just feel more confident and comfortable with a Harp

Dude on the course today said "You throw harps AND zones??" :confused:

Makes me want to take them to a field and see how different they really are.

The BT Hard Harps I have been throwing are NOT in the same category as my Z Zones. But they can fill the same role, with a few differences.

Zones are more OS and skippier, I am learning. Than baseline Harps anyway. Do think I could really see carrying both, but I am stubborn about limiting molds.

The BT Hard Harps I have been throwing are NOT in the same category as my Z Zones. But they can fill the same role, with a few differences.

Zones are more OS and skippier, I am learning. Than baseline Harps anyway. Do think I could really see carrying both, but I am stubborn about limiting molds.
Yeah, when you're less than 100 feet in, those little differences in stability make a difference when you're having to curve around trees.

Yup. Totally. You can almost get a Zone to skip back towards you with enough nose-up hyzer throw low and hard. But no reason you shouldn't be able to work the same sorts of shots with either one. Only so many OS putters one needs in the bag.

Latest posts