• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hartford, CT to Burlington VT. Need suggestions

Ricksastar

Hello all,

Myself and three buddies are leaving this Saturday to drive up to Burlington VT. The plan is DG and Breweries. Our plans so far

Day 1

1st stop - The Pyramids or Maple Hill.
2nd - lunch? Suggestions?
3rd - Harpoon Brewery
4th - Storrs Pond rec. area DG course in Hanover, NH
5th - Prohibition Pig for dinner
6th - hotel
7th - Into Burlington for the night life/ Farm House Tap and Grill (heard they have Bourban County on draft)

Day 2

1st - Wrightsville Beach DG course
3rd - brewery? Suggestions? Longtrail?
4th - Pinnacle DG course
5th - brewery? Suggestions?

Would love some feedback from those that know the area. We love our DG, food and craft beer!

Thanks
Rick

Hello all,

Myself and three buddies are leaving this Saturday to drive up to Burlington VT. The plan is DG and Breweries. Our plans so far

Day 1

Is this even a question?
DSCJNKY

Hello all,

Day 1

3rd - Harpoon Brewery
4th - Storrs Pond rec. area DG course in Hanover, NH
5th - Prohibition Pig for dinner
6th - hotel
7th - Into Burlington for the night life/ Farm House Tap and Grill (heard they have Bourban County on draft)

Day 2

1st - Wrightsville Beach DG course
3rd - brewery? Suggestions? Longtrail?
4th - Pinnacle DG course
5th - brewery? Suggestions?

Would love some feedback from those that know the area. We love our DG, food and craft beer!

In Burlington American Flatbread has Zero Gravity brewery and is at least worth a stop. Day 2, Lunch Three Penney Taproom. 3rd on day two, Worthy Kitchen or Worthy Burger, 2 outstanding food and craft beer establishments, Burger is more along the route you are traveling.

Also I would like to Mention that while Prohibition Pig is a really cool place and the food is a meat eaters heaven there are two places 100 yards away that have better tap lists and very good food as well, The reservoir and The blackback Pub. If that is a Saturday or Friday night unless you go before 6 you will have a extremely difficult time getting in for Dinner at Pro Pig.

On a final note I would like to mention that I prefer The Quarries course to Wrightsville. Wrightsville is fine just nothing memorable, the quarries is much more unique.

Don't even bother going to Vermont if you not going to hit Hill Farmstead Brewery and Black Falls DGC ; unlesS you are afraid of epic... that's coming from a NC guy.

It sure is chief... Read the title and also see "suggestions?" throughout.

Well, then it's a no-brainer to play Maple Hill. However, it does take several hours to play and could cut into your travel time. Pyramids would be faster. If it were me, I'd leave earlier and play both.

Not sure about the rest of the trip. I'd have to look at a map.

If you want a website with a fairly complete list of breweries that has a mapping function, check out Beerme.com.

DSCJNKY