• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

They can bump back. . .but 2020 will be hard

Will Trilogy get a single big Win in 2020? . . Any NT or DGPT events? . .i think no

Just a guess.. I see them positioned long term primarily as a retailer of all things disc golf. Opening up stores nationwide, etc, etc. Continuing to sponsor, or give jobs to "social media warriors" who in return market the brand. I still think that strategy is a smart business move, has to be a huge roi. I don't think they even "need" a team of sponsored players.

I don't care, just keep making Wardens in awesome plastic. I don't care for anything else any trilogy company makes but they have the best putter plastics and molds on the market.

Just become a putter company like Gateway

I think they have.

They really made a splash in the industry when they harnessed the "addiction" vibe of the sport. But, I also think the "disc golf is life" vibe would up feeling contrived.

From a marketing perspective, I would think their re-calibration strategy should include some humility of being part of something bigger. The "grow the sport" concept is good, but it's like "save the planet". No one really knows what that means, so it is kind of hard to back without context behind what it actually means...

Not just DD but I think the Trilogy popularity bubble has finally burst. They've hemorrhaged talent and are making deep cuts in their disc production.

Not just DD but I think the Trilogy popularity bubble has finally burst. They've hemorrhaged talent and are making deep cuts in their disc production.

I'm not so sure. Lat64 & WS seems to be more under the radar. DD seems like the one that's in your face all the time.
Kudos to them for recognizing this and re-calibrating... I'm not a fan of their fans, but I wouldn't necessarily want them to fail.

Will Trilogy get a single big Win in 2020? . . Any NT or DGPT events? . .i think no

I'd expect Kristin Tattar to win one this year at some point.

Outside of her?

You can lose top tier talent and still sell well if you have a solid grassroots plan.
NoVa Disc Golf club is completely saturated with Trilogy throwers due to one local pro who is sponsored and very approachable.

I have never bought a disc from the Dynamic Disc website(I buy from Discgolfcenter.com.)

I have never bought a new Dynamic Disc branded disc, I have bought a few used Dynamic Discs because they were cheap(none of them made the bag.)

I don't know if they have peaked because I don't pay any attention to what they are doing.

I'd expect Kristin Tattar to win one this year at some point.

Outside of her?

on team DD Paige Shue/Bjerkaas or Chris Clemons could show up

on team Westside Nikko could get a win

Just a guess.. I see them positioned long term primarily as a retailer of all things disc golf. Opening up stores nationwide, etc, etc. Continuing to sponsor, or give jobs to "social media warriors" who in return market the brand. I still think that strategy is a smart business move, has to be a huge roi. I don't think they even "need" a team of sponsored players.

I think you may be on target, here. And in addition to setting up stores all over, they're getting independent sellers to sell at events (I won't call it "MLM", but that concept is not far off the mark, either). They're relying on social media to brand themselves.

"Disc golf is love, disc golf is life" dontcha know...

As to them having peaked... for the short term? Yes. Longer term? Time will tell...

Becca Cox maybe?..

I wouldn't give up on DD just yet. In a couple years, they might have the best u-20 player in the world on their team...

Zach Arlinghaus

He's only 16 and already shown what he can do on a track like Idlewild... not to mention the show he put on in Emporia at Jr Worlds

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Latest posts