• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

So where is the "has Innova peaked?" Thread at?

I'm excited to see DD make a splash. Never really understood the seemingly petty hatred of them. Maybe they insulted someone's mom and I missed that. Shrugs.

Agree. Some molds from some companies work well for some players. Generally, people with petty hatred have it towards lots of things, and probably wise to disregard. In related philosophy, exciting things are exciting, and Rick's signing with DD is exciting. His former ties to Innova may deepen wounds? Idk. I throw some of everything.

Honestly I haven't been a big fan of Ricky, but can't put my finger on why. Listening to his recent interviews, especially along with his manager Ari, I'm neutral to positive now: excited to see what happens without any stake in the outcome. Without strong ties to one brand or another, I generally root for the underdog, which was DD, I guess, until they came into 2022 sporting a level playing field of talent.

Right. I feel like people just clinch onto "something" and develop an overarching opinion. Maybe someone found Danny or Cool Daddy annoying in some podcast or YouTube video and they decided DD sucks for it. I'll admit that their plastic is generally not as durable as other companies, but it might actually be negligible. I still think lucid is a great disc golf plastic. Disc names are strange at times, but that literally transcends to every single company.

For me, I don't care to throw MVP discs cuz I feel like they are dressed up discs; they look like discs in tuxedos. But I don't hate them for it. I'll throw any company if the disc works for me, though.

As for Rick, I did not care for him several years back. No real reason why, but I took a liking to him during his lat64 days and would root for him, especially if it came down to him and Paul. I am excited for DD for this signing. I do feel like they overhyped the Kona signing. She might not even be the best trilogy FPO player, and am not sure she was worth the contract, but time will definitely tell.

Latest posts