• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

We're past the whole Trilogy thing aren't we????

In my area, it seems over. Lots of people still throwing the brands, but I haven't seen much "rah rah team trilogy" gibberish anymore.

The vocal trilogy fanboys have moved on, they are now the Discraft, Brodie, McBeth fanboys.
I guess they like their triads .:D

In my area, it seems over. Lots of people still throwing the brands, but I haven't seen much "rah rah team trilogy" gibberish anymore.

The vocal trilogy fanboys have moved on, they are now the Discraft, Brodie, McBeth fanboys.
I guess they like their triads .:D

If only people knew to ask you what to throw.

I don't know if there's anything more pathetic than hating a disc brand and its customers. Ridiculous.

If only people knew to ask you what to throw.

I don't know if there's anything more pathetic than hating a disc brand and its customers. Ridiculous.

I never said I hated anyone's choice in discs, or hated anyone for liking a particular brand.

I do however find fanboys to be rather annoying.

So lighten up Francis

Eh. DD has a good lineup of putters and mids, but outside of the Felon they don't make a driver I'd ever want to throw.

Lat64's older molds like the Saint, River, etc. are solid. Plus for every dud they release (looking at you, overmolds) they come out with something worthwhile that fits a niche like the Sapphire. Also Chameleon-X and Glimmer-X are the best combination of looks and durability any manufacturer has right now.

Eh. DD has a good lineup of putters and mids, but outside of the Felon they don't make a driver I'd ever want to throw.

Lat64's older molds like the Saint, River, etc. are solid. Plus for every dud they release (looking at you, overmolds) they come out with something worthwhile that fits a niche like the Sapphire. Also Chameleon-X and Glimmer-X are the best combination of looks and durability any manufacturer has right now.

I lost a Trespass that was very usable. Right now I have a 174g Captain (gifted from buddy), and that glides so far. So, so far. Someday I'll get the turn right and it will go far the right direction.

I'm a noodle arm and love the Escape. I'm sure I could find something similar on offer from another brand, but the Escape is good (for me). IIRC, it was one of their first handful of discs produced.

I'm a noodle arm and love the Escape. I'm sure I could find something similar on offer from another brand, but the Escape is good (for me). IIRC, it was one of their first handful of discs produced.

I like the Escape (9/5/-1/2) also and have one in my bag (lost my best, broken in one though). I also carry the Innova Sidewinder (9/5/-3/1), which seems to be a straighter flight, and a Legacy Mongoose. I just got the Mongoose (9/5/-3/1) and am still trying to figure out how I will use it.

The Escape is great when I want my RHFH to curve right and the Sidewinder is for when I need a RHFH to go straight.

I have some other 9 speeds that I try out now and then....but my Escape and Sidewinder are my 'go to' discs for that range.

I am a Wizard man through and through... but the Deputy is easily the best putter I've thrown off the tee for pure distance.

I like the Escape (9/5/-1/2) also and have one in my bag (lost my best, broken in one though). I also carry the Innova Sidewinder (9/5/-3/1), which seems to be a straighter flight, and a Legacy Mongoose. I just got the Mongoose (9/5/-3/1) and am still trying to figure out how I will use it.

The Escape is great when I want my RHFH to curve right and the Sidewinder is for when I need a RHFH to go straight.

I have some other 9 speeds that I try out now and then....but my Escape and Sidewinder are my 'go to' discs for that range.

Escapes for me tend to have more fade out of the box than some of the Innova models (Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Archangel). They also have more turn than their -1 rating, if you ask me. Maybe -1.5, depending on all kinds of factors. I just bought a 171g that is both heavier than marked and beefier than any others I've thrown. Pretty much a Getaway. So I took my Culverins out of my bag and will just beat it in starting from OS. I don't throw the Escape FH but could probably do so with this one and get a tight flex out of it (if I were to throw it well, unlikely as that is to occur).

The fade the disc has, for me, is a good check on nose angle. An Escape thrown pretty flat, with good nose down flies beautifully. I need to throw more like that. Haha.

Escapes for me tend to have more fade out of the box than some of the Innova models (Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Archangel). They also have more turn than their -1 rating, if you ask me. Maybe -1.5, depending on all kinds of factors. I just bought a 171g that is both heavier than marked and beefier than any others I've thrown. Pretty much a Getaway. So I took my Culverins out of my bag and will just beat it in starting from OS. I don't throw the Escape FH but could probably do so with this one and get a tight flex out of it (if I were to throw it well, unlikely as that is to occur).

The fade the disc has, for me, is a good check on nose angle. An Escape thrown pretty flat, with good nose down flies beautifully. I need to throw more like that. Haha.

I throw RHFH. When I throw my Escape, I aim left of where I want the disc to land. With the Sidewinder, I aim right at my target. I also don't throw far, so I'm probably not getting the true flight of the discs, but I'm happy.

Not at all, with the ability to get onto a streaming site for a major network with the one tournament on the PT/NT that Dynamic Disc is the top sponsor. Dynamic Disc has yet to reach full potential with what they are doing with other stuff not on the player sponsored side or the manufacture side as the manufacture seems to be as far as Dynamic Disc is going, just small tweaks here and there.

I feel it is Prodigy that has peaked big when they had all the top players until they made discs, then a few left and then more and more due to how they were getting payed so little when the players were supposed to get perks for hitting things in the contracts they never got and is now having to pay $$ for its mistakes of too many players on the team so Prodigy can't really do much as the companies outside manufacture budget is gone.

Dynamic Disc since being part of the Latitude 64 team, makes me think that since the team did not have to with disc worry as much about the manufacture of discs as much now so they could still do other things even when the had too many pro sponsored players on the team. Only thing the team had to think about was sending the designs for the backpacks, the carts, and the discs to the various manufactures they use to make the items so that they did not have to worry about setting up a factory deal in China or other country for backpacks like most other brands that have a backpack or find a factory somewhere to make the cart the way MVP did with the single cart they have made for them. Dynamic Disc could let these companies do the work of manufacture for them, not needing to really check the factory setup for quality of products like the backpacks or the cart as these places were known for quality already.

Last edited:
DD and Lat64 are not the same.

One is a manufacturing company founded in Sweden in 2005. They make their own discs and are the OG of the European market.
The other is an American retail company that pivoted to discs in 2012.

They are different in every imaginable way, except that Dynamic uses Latitude's production and distribution.

DD and Lat64 are not the same.

One is a manufacturing company founded in Sweden in 2005. They make their own discs and are the OG of the European market.
The other is an American retail company that pivoted to discs in 2012.

They are different in every imaginable way, except that Dynamic uses Latitude's production and distribution.

I did not know this. Can you explain the 'trilogy' relationship while also being 'different in every way'? (Genuine question, not snark because I don't know anything besides buying discs at DD store)

I did not know this. Can you explain the 'trilogy' relationship while also being 'different in every way'? (Genuine question, not snark because I don't know anything besides buying discs at DD store)

The "Trilogy" thing is just marketing. The companies are separate LLCs, run by different people, on different continents with different rules and regulations. The only thing that binds them is a contract that keeps DD exclusive and Lat64 producing.

The "Trilogy" thing is just marketing. The companies are separate LLCs, run by different people, on different continents with different rules and regulations. The only thing that binds them is a contract that keeps DD exclusive and Lat64 producing.

And now they are Co-owners of the Westside brand, so they are even a little more intertwined than they used to be.

Latest posts