• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

That was a very good interview of DD. I personally am not opposed to paying a premium for a signature disc of a player that I would like to support. I am a huge Paige Pierce fan and have bought numerous signature discs of hers from both DD and Discraft. So, now I have moved my primary focus to Discraft, but, there are still DD molds that I like and still buy.

Clemons did alright a couple weeks ago.

So did That Jon E McCray do not bad on that private course in Wisconsin on this wonky 2020 Pro Tour year. If not mistaken he was in the top 10 during the tournaments final scoring.

I'm guessing you mean the Silver Cup. That was only at Silver Creek this year, which isn't private.

They usually play at Rollin Ridge too, but not this year.

I believe Westside discs were made by Lat64 for Westside?

My understanding is that all the trilogy discs come out of the same factory. Back in 2016 there was some talk of Dynamic making some discs in the USA, but I don't think anything came of that.

So, is tournament wins the key to longevity, or is it molds? Or PR?

As far as selling plastic? No company will ever match the genius that DD did by subliminally tying together #growthesport with their local wink "sponsored" wink..street teams that would help spread the DD gospel. Pure...genius. They still have the best social media presence of any disc golf brand. Time will tell if they will eventually need a Paul or a Simon.

They had a Ricky, who won two world championships with them.

In reality it's a mix of things...having a big name promoting your plastic helps, social media/marketing helps, as well as having a good relationship with your retailers help.

It seems like all companies are hopping on the limited release bandwagon lately. From what I've seen at my local PIAS they'll have some of the limited release Discraft and Trilogy stuff and not much else as far as regular stock. I'm guessing that's due to Covid and inventory starting to slowly catch back up. The only regular stock stuff they have right now is Innova and Discmania, which they seem to be moving through with no problem.

I honestly figured when DD put together that new facility in Emporia a few years ago they'd start maybe molding their own stuff on site, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I kinda thought the same thing would happen when Discmania moved to Colorado. Molds still designed by Latitude and Innova, just with their own injection machines and still using parent company plastic...just with the flexibility of running their own production.

I don't know really know where they stand.... I just got back into disc golf last spring... but I can say I really like the Getaway and Breakout discs I own.

The regular Truth is pretty solid also.

Latest posts