• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has the Teebird been left behind?

JHern said:
JR said:
...McBeth throws the PD...

Hmmm.....

Paul McBeth said:
(http://www.dynamicdiscs.com/Disc-Golf-Team/Paul-McBeth/)
IF YOU HAD TO PLAY WITH THREE DISCS, WHAT WOULD THEY BE?
Teebird, Roc, and Aviar

IN THE BAG:
11x Teebirds
• 11x Firebirds
• Boss
• Destroyers
• Beast
• Sidewinder
• DX Rocs
• KC Aviars

Paul McBeth said:
(http://www.innovadiscs.com/team/star-team/paul-mcbeth.html)
Distance Drivers:
Star Roadrunner - Light weight, used for rollers only.
Champion Firebird - Must have for the wind. They go left for me no matter what; Very reliable.
Star Destroyer - I have 3 in the bag. I use them for any LONG shot I have, or they work great for sidearms.

Fairway Drivers:
Champion TeeBird - If i was to play a round with one driver this would be it. It does everything. I carry 4 in my bag for all sorts of shots. Best straight disc out there.

Mid-Range:
DX Roc - Several for all upshots

Putt & Approach:
DX Aviar - Putting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLBkfDemM4&t=1m30s

Fightingthetide said:
So yeah...Teebird

Is still being used by many players here at our local club and leagues. It is funny, with Michigan being home to Discraft, Traverse City is very Innova dominated. Almost all the top players and regulars carry solid Innova bags, a few have a mix, and not many have a complete Discraft bag.

So yeah, the teebird is still a staple in many players bags around these parts.

Fightingthetide said:
So yeah...Teebird

I know a good bit of the pro's still keep Teebirds in their bag. If you watch that McBeth vid, right after telling everyone to try the PD (which he described as a faster Eagle) he then pulls out all his Teebirds.

JR said:
Can't say i've seen any Auroras that handle winds like Buzzzes.

I don't think either handles wind very well

Just like buzzz there are plenty of beefy QMS around especially if you are willing to pay 40-50 for a heavy CE that will last 5+ years

zj1002 said:
JR said:
Can't say i've seen any Auroras that handle winds like Buzzzes.

I don't think either handles wind very well

Just like buzzz there are plenty of beefy QMS around especially if you are willing to pay 40-50 for a heavy CE that will last 5+ years

The same ones we could get for $15-20 just a half a season ago :(

I noticed a difference in my new TB and my 11x TB. The 11x seems to have a thicker leading edge and a rounder nose. Here's a picture of my beat 11x champ TB (right) next to a new 171 Champystar TB (left).

3283f0fe-1156-db6b.jpg

It's obvious that the PLH is lower, but is the rounder/thicker nose a result of the same wear-and-tear process? I also realize this could be the way it molded up since I'm comparing two different plastics. Just wasn't sure if there was a mold tweak between 11x and the current mold.

Or is the difference simply in that the 11x's molded up relatively flat?

rusch_bag said:
I want flatish teebirds back :(
I carry 3 TB's currently.

1- 155g 11x flat top pearly champ gummy
1- 150g 12x flat top clear champ gummy
1- 171g 12x domey champ stiff

That second one there is from a new run that seems to mirror the old 11x's very nice. They a nice and flat, fast, and in the lighter they are the gummier they seem to be. Since I have an 11x to compare it with, I would tell you that it feels almost the same in my hand, and the only difference I have found is that its a little less high speed stable and it doesn't fade out as much. It has thst same flat top speed as the 11x's and has been a great disc. That domey 12x is noticeably slower with more HSS and fades harder than the other two.

DTW has a handfull of them in light weights currently in their out bin, and a bunch of first quality ones in stock in several weights.
http://www.dtworld.com/

Latest posts