• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has this ever happened?

It sounds like it became and illegal disc to me according to 801.02D if it wasn't subsequently approved by the TD.:rolleyes:

"A disc that is questioned by another player or an official is illegal unless it is subsequently approved by the Director."

Edit: I think your question fits perfectly into the context of this thread
Lol, that would be an awesome loophole. "It's totally legal for me to steal a disc from you and use it, but if you question me about using your disc it becomes illegal for you to use until the TD clears it." I wish I would have thought of that on the fly.

It was a totally absent-minded move on my part. The disc was in my hand because I cleared it from the basket. It was a Wizard. I could have taken the time to pull another Wizard out of my bag or just use the one that was in my hand. It was only a 15'ish putt, not a big deal. It didn't really dawn on me that it wasn't my disc until I looked up and saw the look on the dudes face.

Lol, that would be an awesome loophole. "It's totally legal for me to steal a disc from you and use it, but if you question me about using your disc it becomes illegal for you to use until the TD clears it." I wish I would have thought of that on the fly.

Close. There's no rule that says you can't use someone else's disc but when another player (you) questioned if the disc is legal or not, like you "stated", at that point it's illegal until cleared by the TD...

"It's a is legal disc, right?" Some around here would prolly make that call, or if you took 35 seconds from whenever they thought you should throw:doh: Great spirit, right?

Last edited:
I'm going to question the legality of every disc in everyone's bag on my card in the next tourney, when we are as far away from the TD as possible.

All you would do is force them to make an appointment with the TD later. It says "D. A disc that is questioned by another player or an official is illegal unless it is subsequently approved by the Director."

Not "until".

So, they can keep using all their discs, but would have to go get them approved later by the TD.

All you would do is force them to make an appointment with the TD later. It says "D. A disc that is questioned by another player or an official is illegal unless it is subsequently approved by the Director."

Not "until".

So, they can keep using all their discs, but would have to go get them approved later by the TD.
Steve West: Fun Killer. Coming to theaters this Fall. :|

Not "until".

Yeah, its just the gamesmanship of it all. e. g. I heard those runs of plastic were all over approved weight... Damage is done but all within the rules. F' spirit amiright?

Latest posts