• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you ever had finger problems from throwing discs?

Have you ever had finger problems from throwing discs?

• No, maybe I'm just lucky.

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Yes, and it sucks!

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters
Both a callus on the inside of the second knuckle, and a blister on the inside pad of my middle finger from using the Bonapane grip.

Nope. Been playing 13 years, about 150-175 rounds/yr; never had finger pain, soreness or other issues.
I've developed a slight callus on my right index finger, but you have to look closely at both my index fingers to notice it.

going through one right now where my middle finger puts pressure on the underside of the flight plate and it is painful to throw power shots and putt

No. I play dg lefty and guitar righty. The callouses (or calli) seem to compliment each other.

Now catching and defending in ultimate caused many burst blood vessels and other finger injuries.

I second Noill's advice. Toughen them up bucko's.

I already have mild to moderate neuropathy especially in my left/throwing hand. but other than a lack of feeling the most I get is a slight callus along the outside of my pointer finger. And only then when I was playing daily and really ripping my FH. That said, the neuropathy seriously impacts my "touch" game and putting.

I guess my years of intense flyfishing toughened my index finger. Play 4-5 rounds/week and haven't even had a sore finger. I did however find a slim calli on the index finger after reading this thread. :D

My problem is that occasionally after I release my disc, my thumb and index finger will snap together violently. And if my thumb isn't in a good spot on the top of the disc, the two fingers will slide past one another and the nail on my index finger will cut the top of my thumb. Took me forever to diagnose the problem. I feel like you shouldn't be getting cuts on the top of your thumb while throwing hahaha.

Stack fork grip. Have had problems with my pinky. Usually during the first driving practice of the summer, when my fingers aren't yet used to it.

Attachments

• sormi1.jpg
    sormi1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 6
  • sormi2.jpg
    sormi2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 5
I'm currently dealing with some inflammation in the knuckle of my middle finger near the tip. I'm prone to joint inflammation, and I'd been doing a lot of practice with my high speed drivers--the only ones for which I use a power grip. Going to give drivers (and forehands) a break for a bit to let the joint recover.

I voted no, and I play alot, every day. However I only use a three finger grip and use fairway drivers, not a lot of power. On the other hand, my knees are starting to kill me as they are wearing out. I know that I should cut down on playing but I am retired and disc golf is my main form of exercise and recreation.

I answered no. I used to get irritation on my middle finger from putting with beaded discs. Now I use non-beaded putters. Duh.