• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Wooo Hooooo just recieved and email from M.R. My nag is on it's wayyyy!!! We shall see how it stacks up against my Grip bag. Sounds like comfort wise it's a no brainer, but I'm curious how it will stack up function wise?

^ thats a no brainer too. optional expansion
I gues my concern is. Is it a backpack made into a disc golf bag. Or did they start from scratch and make it with disc golf as it's intended use? Were the Grip bag started off as a disc golf bag. It my be a mute point, but to me it makes a diff.
What are your thoughts on this Booter? I know you have both and I would like too hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

I gues my concern is. Is it a backpack made into a disc golf bag. Or did they start from scratch and make it with disc golf as it's intended use? Were the Grip bag started off as a disc golf bag. It my be a mute point, but to me it makes a diff.
What are your thoughts on this Booter? I know you have both and I would like too hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

The Golf Mahal was engineered from the ground up to be a disc golf bag. From what I was told, Levi B. at MR was/is an avid golfer and this product is his baby.

Check it out, this is still a good read..

http://blog.mysteryranch.com/2009/08/the-golf-mahal/

Last edited:
My concern is they sent me the wrong damn color! The invoice inside says its not mine. I was pretty excited when I came home and there it was on my steps, only to open it and find the wrong one. Gonna have to sent it back and wait another week to get the right one.

These guys are great! I called them up, they sent out the right bag today with a FREE shirt. Now thats customer service!

As ive posted many times on this site, it may be expensive but the Mahal is the best bag ever designed for disc golf and I am so happy i got one.

check out phil arthur's murdered out custom mahal. dont ask for one though,hes sponsored by mystery ranch

472274_3002337218180_1254836092_32578741_1123262963_o.jpg

Pretty sure Phil's got a pink one too

yup: not the best pics, but it does exist ... 2011 Texas States, PP was caddying for him (the bag's almost bigger than she is lol)

200084_199491003423895_100000889890764_540698_5144476_n.jpg

206704_199463076760021_100000889890764_540389_5105389_n.jpg

Last edited:
My concern is they sent me the wrong damn color! The invoice inside says its not mine. I was pretty excited when I came home and there it was on my steps, only to open it and find the wrong one. Gonna have to sent it back and wait another week to get the right one.
Jeeze I hope you didn't get mine :-/

check out phil arthur's murdered out custom mahal. dont ask for one though,hes sponsored by mystery ranch

472274_3002337218180_1254836092_32578741_1123262963_o.jpg

omg. if they dont produce more of those blacked out mahals they dont know whats good for them. beautiful bag right there.

Quick question for Mahal owners. When you collapse the side pockets, should they be zippered shut or open with the flap tucked inside the pocket? UPS just dropped mine off about 10min ago, gotta get the yoke setup. I will try to get some pics up after work tonight.

BTW, this bag is the bomb. Super high quality, can't believe how beefey the zippers are lol.

Quick question for Mahal owners. When you collapse the side pockets, should they be zippered shut or open with the flap tucked inside the pocket? UPS just dropped mine off about 10min ago, gotta get the yoke setup. I will try to get some pics up after work tonight.

BTW, this bag is the bomb. Super high quality, can't believe how beefey the zippers are lol.

Short answer is you could do either. You can't break the bag either way..

Long answer (YMMV)
I usually keep them unzipped when collapsed. I usually have the sides collapsed about 75% with the top unzipped, and I keep towels in there. All of my discs are in the center compartment.

If you zip then collapse, that also is fine (and is necessary in the rain), but then if you want to open it up you will have to un-collapse then unzip. Not a huge deal but adds a step.

I don't think it matters anyway (about the zippers) when you collapse the side pockets.

I played what was probably my 15th tourney with my Mahal and it is still holding up perfectly. It is advisable to have a stool to place the bag on during wet conditions because it will get your back wet if the bottom of the bag is wet. I played in the rain this weekend and all of my discs stayed dry with just the rain fly (no zipping of the top and no umbrella). All of you new owners will love this bag.
As for the custom color bags. My buddy walked up to me a few weekends and he is carrying a lime green Mahal that he bought from Greg Barsby. I asked how much he paid: 50$. I now hate him.

Latest posts