• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Short answer is you could do either. You can't break the bag either way..

Long answer (YMMV)
I usually keep them unzipped when collapsed. I usually have the sides collapsed about 75% with the top unzipped, and I keep towels in there. All of my discs are in the center compartment.

If you zip then collapse, that also is fine (and is necessary in the rain), but then if you want to open it up you will have to un-collapse then unzip. Not a huge deal but adds a step.

I do the same thing just the right amount of extra storage.

Recieved my bag the other day. Wow! very high quality bag, but you already know that :) We'll see about the design after some rounds. However I can see the straps becoming a issue (the ones in the front and on the bottom). Has anypone cut them down so they don't get covered in dirt and mud? Also never liked a waist strap, so I'll see how that works out? Man, can't wait to play a few rounds with this bag!

Read a few pages back and see what everyone does with the straps. I recommend you don't do any cutting even though there are a lot of them.
Recieved my bag the other day. Wow! very high quality bag, but you already know that :) We'll see about the design after some rounds. However I can see the straps becoming a issue (the ones in the front and on the bottom). Has anypone cut them down so they don't get covered in dirt and mud? Also never liked a waist strap, so I'll see how that works out? Man, can't wait to play a few rounds with this bag!

Was going to post some pics I took today of my Mahal, but photobucket is acting up. I will post them up as soon as they straighten themselves out.

Anyways, I took the bag out for it's first round today and it performed excellent. Even after hearing from everyone in this thread about how well the bag rides I still couldn't believe how light it felt all strapped up. Very easy to adjust all the straps on the fly, still rode well slung over one shoulder for short walks. This yoke system is second to none in the disc golf market. I'm still baffled by how well this bag rode today, mind blowing!

On another note, I pieced together a quick frame for the main compartment after my round. I just copied my new Silverback frame, using 1.5" PVC pipe free floating in the bag. I cut them just long enough so they fit snug in the middle length ways. Once the discs are in, the pipes stay put. I am not sure if I want to keep the frame in or run it without. Honestly the bag was great today without it but I figured it just may be even better with it. I am gonna try it out tomorrow as I will be out for another round. I am not sure if I like how high the discs ride in the main compartment with the frame.

Seen one of these for the first time today. If I had to describe it in one word or would be overwhelming. What a monstrosity. Pretty cool though.

I don't need the pvc or frame for that matter. I'm gonna try it out tomorrow with the frame but honestly it worked great today without it. The frame makes the bag a bit more stable when on the ground. Also it raises the discs up in the main compartment. Not sure if I want the discs higher, I kinda like them nice and low. Guess I'll see how it rides tomorrow with the frame.

Here are a couple pics taken before I put the frame in.....

CameraZOOM-20120329162346935.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120329162058259.jpg

Well, had the bag out for a couple rounds today with the frame. Still not sure if it will stay in the bag or not. It did work pretty well, bag was much more stable on the ground and on my stool. The middle of the bag doesn't sag either when picked up off the ground. Discs are still low enough in the middle to not have any fall out when swinging the bag on or off my shoulder.

I added a couple braces between the pipes to keep them in position. I just cut two sections of wooden dowel I had laying around. Frame isn't pretty, but it does it's job. Sorry for the large pic size, I forgot to resize them.

CameraZOOM-20120330203358343.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120330203452826.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120330142125765.jpg

still need to get pics of mine. i love my grey and black one but almost wish it was all black. the new bags def. look better than the proto-types. the pockets look much cleaner

still need to get pics of mine. i love my grey and black one but almost wish it was all black. the new bags def. look better than the proto-types. the pockets look much cleaner

Please! Email the folks at Mystery Ranch and ask them to add solid black to their 2013 line up, I've already done the same.

VERY nice bag, but a bit of a pain at first (hanging straps, fixing the yoke...). I think I'll just stick with my Grip bag for now. For now it's just more practical than the MR bag. Maybe in time they will also have a frame for it too?
Now that I think about it. I guess the reason I like the Grip bag over this one. Is that I had to do NOTHING, but put my discs in and throw it over my back and go.

Come the end of May they will both be put to the test. Road trip to Oregon and Washington will decide it for ME....Please note I said for ME!!!

Peace!

if you were refunded 250 from a hotel... would you buy a mahal... the money should have already been spent... im going to ask my pillow about this.

I have a couple questions. Fist off I really like my mahal. Fits great and took care of the hanging straps and other bs. Has anyone outfitted their bag with a camelback yet? If so which pocket? I also reall like how the grip bag holds a folding chair. I am wondering if anyone has found a nice way of doing this with out crushing one side of the bag and ur discs?q

I carry a stool or umbrella in the quick connect straps under the putter pocket when I take them out onto the course but don't end up using them.

I run the 3L Camelbak with my Mahal during the summer months. I just stash it in one of the larger outer pockets and hook it up to my shoulder strap for easy access.

I have a couple questions. Fist off I really like my mahal. Fits great and took care of the hanging straps and other bs. Has anyone outfitted their bag with a camelback yet? If so which pocket? I also reall like how the grip bag holds a folding chair. I am wondering if anyone has found a nice way of doing this with out crushing one side of the bag and ur discs?q

Latest posts