• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Wow. First time seeing this thread. I've never seen anyone with a bag that big. That thing is ridiculous. More power to you guys. It looks like a very high quality pack, but I'll stick with my PDGA starter bag and 6-9 discs.

its not big. people THINK its big because they have never seen one in person. its not. a big bag is the prodiscus or a zulu...this one is not as big as those.

It CAN be almost as big as a zulu but most people don't carry that much plastic. This Mahal is the best quality bag I've ever owned.:thmbup:

yeah true...it can be expanded but in reality i guess people just make the bag seem like its huge . i guess any bag would look huge compared to a bag that carries less than 10 discs.

true that. I even think my old voodoo karma bag looked larger than my mahal. I have no problem carrying my mahal when it's fully loaded. with the chest strap and the waist strap, it takes all the weight off my shoulders and puts it on my legs. makes it much easier to carry for all day excursions.

Got my mahal in the mail yesterday! Worth every penny! Packed that thing full! Water just beads up and falls off! I am in love!

Wow. First time seeing this thread. I've never seen anyone with a bag that big. That thing is ridiculous. More power to you guys. It looks like a very high quality pack, but I'll stick with my PDGA starter bag and 6-9 discs.

its not big. people THINK its big because they have never seen one in person. its not. a big bag is the prodiscus or a zulu...this one is not as big as those.

I'm with booter here. Saw one of these in person yesterday - flaps out and all - and it is nowhere near as big as it looks in photos. I would venture to say my buddy's Voodoo Karma was larger (at least horizontally). Nice looking bag.

Trying to Trade my Digital Camo Grip for a Black/Grey Mahal, just posted a thread. Anyone got an extra medium?

I really like mine a lot. Im a bit of a bag whore and its held off my temptation for quite awhile now

I'm with booter here. Saw one of these in person yesterday - flaps out and all - and it is nowhere near as big as it looks in photos. I would venture to say my buddy's Voodoo Karma was larger (at least horizontally). Nice looking bag.

I guess, but when you like to travel light, anything bigger than a starter type bag seems huge.

QUOTE Originally Posted by HotPinkBeast View Post
Sorry, but I just start laughing every time I see this bag, when fully exposed.

That's okay, we all start laughing every time we see you fully exposed too.

and nobody is saying that's huge....

So, I just checked my paypal balance and I have enough. Is their any reason I shouldn't get this bag? Looking to get for road trip rounds and local rounds where I have to carry stuff for the kids. And a sh*t load of plastic when the mood suits me. I plan to send them an email tonight to see if they have any in stock.

I'll still use the crunch for pitch and putt rounds and the comp for league/local larges.

Just need some encouragement to pull the trigger I suppose.

So, I just checked my paypal balance and I have enough. Is their any reason I shouldn't get this bag? Looking to get for road trip rounds and local rounds where I have to carry stuff for the kids. And a sh*t load of plastic when the mood suits me. I plan to send them an email tonight to see if they have any in stock.

I'll still use the crunch for pitch and putt rounds and the comp for league/local larges.

I looked at one for a long time, but decided to go with a Prodiscus bag, and I'm really happy with the choice, but the Mahal's a sweet bag too, you couldn't go wrong with either. Maybe that didn't help your decision, but just my 2 cents.

The Mahal and Prodiscus are pretty equal when it comes to the amount of discs and space to store. I have both, but have not tried to see how much stuff I can stuff in both. However, already lost one zipper on the prodiscus bag (Rubbing bar soap on the teeth did help). So if you want a bag that will more than likely last your disc golf life. The Mahal is the way to go! Granted it's a backpack turned into a disc golf bag and imo the Grip is a far superior design. I always end up going back to the Mahal after sporting the Grip for a month or two.

For what you're describing a Mahal would be perfect. You can collapse the sides to make it smaller for quick rounds. Then load 1 side with plastic and the other with kid stuff. Very versatile and made in the USA. Best warranty in the game too.

Did that help? :)

It's on the top of my Christmas list. If the wife doesn't get it for me I'll order whatever they have in stock on the 26th. Thanks for the input.