• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

I have used my Mahal as a carry on and stored it overhead. The sides were full but with clothing so it had a little give.

Ultimately there is no definitive answer as different planes have different sized bins.

^^^Yup. When I travel with mine I usually empty the sides(minus the cooler insert, I just synch that down) and I've had it fit in overheads sideways, longways, and not at all. Never had a plane that I couldn't get it under the seat though.

Wel duh guys, if you have your yoke extended, the bag increases in size significantly. And if you're on a small regional jet, a small backpack Barely fits in the overhead so I wouldn't expect a loaded majal to fit.

It's just a big back pack. It can be a carry on, fully stuffed, if you're flying on a customary, big city airplane. If you're nervous, synch it down, but access discs in a suitcase with clothing, and keep it under the seat in front of you.

Nice and simple, I like! I made double bights for my Ergo, and they can tend to get in the way. I may have to revamp.

Sweet mini-monkey's fists.

thanks but its actually called a langyard or diamond knot. i looked for instructions for making a monkey fist but couldn't find anything small enough or didn't require a round object like a marble in the middle.

You can tie a monkey's fist around you finger then slip your fingers out, says I. But those look great.

Bump because this fell off the first page and for the fact that I don't even look at any of these other threads because I KNOW I have the best bag out there. :clap:

We borrowed the in-laws' power washer to clean up our back patio area...while I was power washing, I remembered that MR recommended a power washer for cleaning the Mahal. So I took the opportunity to clean my bag. Emptied it out, gave it a good shake down with all the pockets open, and then hosed that bad boy down with 2700 PSI water pressure.

Now she looks shinny new....well maybe not new but it def cleaned up. The bottom was stained with mud, that's gone. I had some spilled red Gatorade spots on one of the side pockets, that came off. Overall it seemed to do the trick. The negative is, there now some slight discoloration (white on my foliage bag) on the utility pocket in the main compartment(where the pencils and what not go). No big deal, I can live with it and I'm glad I did it.

Also, it took about 30 hours for the bag to completely dry as they recommend that you dry it in the shade.

^ I take mine to the do it yourself car wash. Soap and suds first, rinse second. It has worked like a champ. Next time I'm going to actually finish with the wax cycle too, for water and grime and beer proofing.

Also, I was able to carry my STUFFED Mahal on four flights this last weekend. Overhead compartment on two larger jets, under the seat on two smaller commuters. Definitely could have gate checked it too, in retrospect.

Just got my bag and I love it. I do have a question for any long time users though. I used the bag today with a golf cart on a ball golf course. I noticed that there is no hard bottom support on the Mahal. I had the bag in the upper basket of the cart and the sides kept collapsing in making the discs hard to get out. Coming from a Grip that had the hard bottom support I was wondering if anyone has added some kind of bottom support to their Mahal? I don't see it being a big issue because I bought the bag for carrying comfort and probably won't get to use a golf cart very often. Just curious as to what little things people have done to their bags.

Just got my bag and I love it. I do have a question for any long time users though. I used the bag today with a golf cart on a ball golf course. I noticed that there is no hard bottom support on the Mahal. I had the bag in the upper basket of the cart and the sides kept collapsing in making the discs hard to get out. Coming from a Grip that had the hard bottom support I was wondering if anyone has added some kind of bottom support to their Mahal? I don't see it being a big issue because I bought the bag for carrying comfort and probably won't get to use a golf cart very often. Just curious as to what little things people have done to their bags.
I think you are talking about a motorized cart but I have a similar support issue when using my push cart. The bottom sags and makes it hard to put discs back in the main compartment. Every now and then I have to reach under the bag and push the bottom up so that the discs will fall back in line. My biggest support problem though when using my push cart is the front where the putter pocket is bulges out and warps the putters if I have both in. If you look at the front lip in this picture you can see the bulge I am talking about.

If you look back through the enire thread there are detailed instruction on how to build a support frame for inside the main compartment. You can also just put something in th3 bottom of the main compartment. I used an old innova disc divider and cut it to fit the bottom.