• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Anyone have the weight if this bag empty? Sorry if this has already been asked and or answered.

Best way to clean this bag? I golf in the rain frequently (Oregon), and while the waterproofing is great, my bag tends to puddle up in the putter pocket and main compartment when I leave the fly up on drizzle days due to said waterproofing...don't care about the drivers because the bag is so big, but the putters get gunky on the bottom. Just soap and water rinse and air dry? No soap?

Also in Oregon. I let it dry completely the give it a once over with a medium stiff brush every so often. One time I actually hosed the whole thing down and left it in the sun. That worked even better. But the stuff brush mostly does it.

Before you ship the pack, it must be cleaned. Dirty packs gum up sewing machines and can ultimately break them. Please follow this simple cleaning procedure:
Open every zipper and drawstring pocket as wide as possible. Empty the pack of all debris by turning upside-down and shaking vigorously.
Using the framesheet adjuster, break the Velcro bond and remove the yoke from the body of the bag, shaking debris out of there as well.
Spray the pack thoroughly, from all angles, inside and out, with a pressure washer. If you don't have a pressure washer handy, the car wash is a good place to clean your pack. It's best not to use soap or detergent.
Once the pack has been washed, hang it to dry in the shade. Unnecessary UV exposure is unneccesarily hard on pack nylon.

That's from the MR Website.

My card has been billed for the Foliage Mahal I had on order!
Mine as well, arrives next Friday.

Did you notice the fulfillment notice email?
Golf Mahal Color: Foliage, Size: M/L
I called to make sure they were shipping the right size, as I'm 6'1" and ordered a medium. They said they've revised their fitting system and the medium/large is their new sizing going forward, I think they're grouping XS/S as well (but I'm not certain). Sounds like the yoke will fit wider ranges of sizes now.

Not sure what it all means yet, so I'm waiting for the new setup to arrive and I'll comment once I can figure out how it differs. A local guy carries an older one, so hopefully I can compare the 2 systems.

Did you notice the fulfillment notice email?

I called to make sure they were shipping the right size, as I'm 6'1" and ordered a medium. They said they've revised their fitting system and the medium/large is their new sizing going forward, I think they're grouping XS/S as well (but I'm not certain). Sounds like the yoke will fit wider ranges of sizes now.

Not sure what it all means yet, so I'm waiting for the new setup to arrive and I'll comment once I can figure out how it differs. A local guy carries an older one, so hopefully I can compare the 2 systems.

I had not noticed until you said something but mine is the same way. Im also 6'1 so hopefully it will allow a better fit for people at the top of medium with out maxing out

An M/L makes sense. They'd just have to lengthen the yoke a bit more. Personally, I wish mine would have been like this. It would have given it a bit more latitude for adjustment.. As it is, I'm pretty much maxed out on the medium yoke (when in doubt, I will go smaller.. esp on something like this pack where it's fine if it rides high).. I'm a bit taller than you.

I played 3 rounds this past weekend with a friend who also has a Mahul. Last round of the day was with Naved who also had his Mahul but I missed that pic. :/

Love this bag.

Got mine in yesterday after some UPS shipping drama that involved my bag being delivered to some shady trailer park guy who didn't want to give it back!

Word has it...

(fyi - newbie account. I never registered.. just a lurker. Made my acct today just 'cause I am considering snagging another one of these for a fundraiser and learned the following this afternoon.)

I rang MR today to inquire about updates and/or a remodel of the Golf Mahal. (you know, a higher putter stash point near the haul loop/top of the yoke as well as incorporating their "stik-it" velcro system on the inner-side of the yoke to add add'l pockets and/or storage.) Well, as fate has it- no refresh. In fact, they are "going to be outsourcing production to the designer."

Now, I don't know what this really means. For all I know, the designer used to work for them? I say this, bc the Golf Mahal is really just a mod of their line of Fire packs. My guess is that a head on the crew made the original happen. But again, dunno.

Either way- my main point is this: NO REFRESH... which to me, is disappointing. They kinda went out of their way to make that point, which was weird. (secret model coming??!! yeah, no. it's not like pack designs are going to be a guarded secret considering how asspensive their gear is. I expect, with my custy history, they would have given me the inside line.)BOO!!!

-long time MR humper, more than 2K of their gear over the years (and they're all still in service, helping me carry WAAAAAAY more discs and backpacking crap than necessary, lol... and want to see them UPDATE!!!)

Cheers

Last edited:
oh, and btw- in case you folks haven't heard-

you can grab these at 10% off reg cost if you ask for a "blem", or blemished product. Jus'sayin.
No need to worry about them being weird or not guaranteed. The blem is usually something with the color from my exp.

Just thought to throw this out here seeing all the love!
okay... I'm done gushing, lol

Bummer. I just ordered one last week. I called first to see if they were in stock but didn't even think to ask if they had any blems. It should be delivered tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Bummer. I just ordered one last week. I called first to see if they were in stock but didn't even think to ask if they had any blems. It should be delivered tomorrow. Woo hoo!

you'll still be one of the best dressed men on the course!

Either way- my main point is this: NO REFRESH... which to me, is disappointing. They kinda went out of their way to make that point, which was weird. (secret model coming??!! yeah, no. it's not like pack designs are going to be a guarded secret considering how asspensive their gear is. I expect, with my custy history, they would have given me the inside line.)BOO!!!
Thats not very surprising. Mystery Ranch is not a disc golf company and I would expect the Mahal to be and the lower end of their priorities.

Thats not very surprising. Mystery Ranch is not a disc golf company and I would expect the Mahal to be and the lower end of their priorities.

I agree, and I think there is a trend in niche sports to constantly upgrade things. However, the Mahal is pretty stellar. I've had mine for a while now and I can't really think of anything that I would change. I might consider making the putter pocket maybe half an inch to an inch bigger to fit 3 comfortably, but the bag is pretty set.

It has a pencil/card organizer, 2 drink holders, 2 storage pouches, 2 giant storage pouches that can hold 6-8 discs, a main compartment, a putter pocket, a mini holder, an umbrella strap, a clip at the bottom for holding an umbrella or stool, an adjustable yoke, a lifetime warranty, and a cover for the main portion of the bag that can be opened or closed.

What is there to refresh? :thmbup:

Latest posts