• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

MAHAL

just got my mahal yesterday. While I am disappointed about the fact the bag is from the Philippines instead of made in the good old USA it seemed to be very sturdy. I did find the Velcro big pockets on the side are NO JOKE. I could barely get that stuff apart. Have not played a round with it yet but I am looking very much forward to using it! Ill try to sneak out a tester round during the rain today. Johnson Street Park represent!!!!

Mine is showing some wear. Especially on the yoke and the right shoulder strap. It might go back to MR this summer (Shift season) for some touch-ups. Or it might wait another year, and I have no doubt it will make it just fine. Mines Made in the US of A. But that isn't the important point here. It is MR. They are kickass. They wouldn't put their name on any inferior product from anywhere. So I have no doubt the new one are every bit as good as the older ones. And, if a bad one slips through, MR will stand behind it 100%. I like that mine says USA, but wouldn't doubt the new ones for one second.

Anyone have a report on what MR said about the poor communication and the NOT Made in the USA bags?

Made in America by non Americans. This always makes me laugh. Just because something is made here doesn't guarantee an American made it anyway. It doesn't matter really. They are human beings no matter where in the world something is made.

Best post ever, this guy obviously knows what he's talking about

Eh, you're kinda off base any how.

Bozeman Montana is where the bags are made, not an illegal alien hot spot in my opinion. The guy who was making the Majals used to live in Cedar Rapids Iowa.

I'm from Montana...the only illegal aliens there are us white folk who took the land from the Natives in the first place.

6cbdfc7c090a5247e388437a4ddd0c49c14ee4a2bc3a5efd08af62c0289951b6.jpg

General view on made in the US today. That is all, no intent to offend or disrespect.

I don't think it was that off base, or the dumbest thing ever

General view on made in the US today. That is all, no intent to offend or disrespect.

I don't think it was that off base, or the dumbest thing ever

I'm not really sure I get the implication. Are you suggesting that most workers are not US citizens? Or do permanent residents not count? Or what that the labels are false? I just don't get your (obvious) complaint. Then again, since it's probably some political complaint, maybe I don't want to.

^ not a complaint at all. Just a simple opinion, NOT political. I can't understand what is so confusing about what I said, oh well, I'm done trying to explain myself.

I've been eyeing up the Mahal myself and it doesn't bother me one bit where it is made on planet earth as long as the quality is good.

Ok. You are completely wrong. You can't say that MR employs non Americans. This is t something you can have an opinion on. It is a fact.

And it does matter where in the world is made. Id rather have my dg bag money given to an American citizen that consumes other products here in the USA.

Made in America by non Americans. This always makes me laugh. Just because something is made here doesn't guarantee an American made it anyway. It doesn't matter really. They are human beings no matter where in the world something is made.
My original post. Where did I specifically say MR employs non-americans. All I said was made in America does not guarantee it's made by Americans. It was an in general statement, not directed at MR. You guys can be so ridiculous sometimes.

If I could buy a bag from Mars made by Martians to support the Martian economy, I'd do it.

This would be a terrible value proposition. The great majority of costs on such a product would be for shipping. You'd be paying for rocket fuel instead of a quality bag. It's simple logistics. C'mon meow.

let's try to retain some civility. it would be a shame to see 156 pages of info on the mahul end up in the landfill.

let's try to retain some civility. it would be a shame to see 156 pages of info on the mahul end up in the landfill.

Agreed.

How many discs are you guys realistically getting in the main compartment? I mean, without having to PRY them out.

I can get about 14-15 comfortably (1-2 distance, 4-5 control, 4 fairways, 4-5 mids) max. I always have to use one side pocket for 2-3 driving putters and the putter pocket for two putting putters.

Anyone getting buy with more in the main? Or have a clever setup to fit what I'm carrying?