• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Headphones in tournament play

Should players be allowed to wear earbuds while playing?

• Yes

Votes: 103 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 46 30.9%

• Total voters
I think that wearing earbuds while playing can be very beneficial to some people that have an issue keeping their temper on the course. It can be very calming and relieve stress. On the other hand, if I were to play in a tournament and my playing partner(s) is/are wearing earbuds, I think it would be very awkward. Because of this, I think disc golf should be a sport where earbuds can be used for a casual round, but during a tournament they should be left at home, and you should learn to be able to play without them.

You talking about doubles and team play. That'd be common courtesy between the "team".

But for a singles game, like disc golf, disc golf. Who cares.

Next up to ban:
Licking fingers before a putt
checking wind with grass
shoes
cleaning your discs, we're purists...what your disc gets on it should stay on it, only being cleaned by the air it travels through
bags
tee signs
tee pads
any sort of course maintenance
all of these things plus more give players unfair advantages. please see to it that these get banned in the next nazi rule meeting.

Those dri-fit shirts too. Play through the sweat like a real man.

Allow the player throwing to wear ear buds, everyone else cannot so they can pay attention and enforce the rules if needed.

It seems some here are confusing the courtesy rules of disc golf with, say, the courtesy rules of the royal court. In DG, courtesy dictates that if I had a birdie on the last hole & you had par, then I am going to step onto the teepad before you. You don't have to bow down or curtsey as I walk past you. Hell, you don't even have to acknowledge my existence. But please, do allow me the courtesy of being silent & non-distracting for those 30 seconds that the PDGA has allotted me to throw my disc. And it would be helpful to all your cardmates if you would actually turn around watch the rest of us throw our discs instead of rustling around in your bag so we can find discs within the 3 minutes we are granted for searching. Oh, and the courtesy will certainly be returned to you. So brother, do unto others, please..

Just as an aside, tee-off order is the way it is to give advantage to the loser of the previous hole, NOT because of courtesy. Throwing first is a big disadvantage to throwing last.

Latest posts