• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Headwind disc of choice

I throw a Star PD (Power Driver) for backhand headwind shots, a Champion Firebird for my overhand shots, and a Zone for headwind approaches. A Champion Teebird can also be a good headwind disc while still retaining a good amount of glide/distance.

This has been my favorite headwind driver lately. I still carry a z-pred for those times when I have to come back in a stiff wind, but there's something about the PD that just carries far, and straight, when thrown low into a headwind with a lot of snap. They just seem to stand up, and ride.

Putter: Z Zone 175g
Mid: Star Whippet-X 175g
Control Drives: Firebird (11x or glo) 175g
Max D: Star Max 175g

I really like a slightly worn Max as they give you a bit of glide/turn but will comeback in the end, unless you have a serious arm (450+)

HW fighters in bag right now
ESPFlx Challenger - puttery
ESP Zone - putts n ups
Champ Spider (beat and ugly)- Works with directional wind very well on a variety of shots.
Stable Champy/Star Orc - 177g and dead straight into the wind more of a fading without

Putter: Z Zone 175g
Mid: Star Whippet-X 175g
Control Drives: Firebird (11x or glo) 175g
Max D: Star Max 175g

I really like a slightly worn Max as they give you a bit of glide/turn but will comeback in the end, unless you have a serious arm (450+)

Idc if you have 600 ft of power, if a max doesnt come back, you are a torque monkey

I throw Roadrunners and Beasts as my long distance stuff. If it's a bit windy, I'll throw the Striker or a Surge.

Agreed; it's a cool disc and has carved a niche in my bag that will keep it their for a long time. Love it for headwinds, love it for hyzer bombs, it's really comfy to sidearm, and it's a good mix of the accuracy of a fairway driver and the distance of a distance driver. The recent tourney I played, the PD hit probably half of my birdies and nearly aced on a ~300ft hyzer bomb. The Roc, Teebird, Firebird, and Zone (off the pad) got the rest of them.

This has been my favorite headwind driver lately. I still carry a z-pred for those times when I have to come back in a stiff wind, but there's something about the PD that just carries far, and straight, when thrown low into a headwind with a lot of snap. They just seem to stand up, and ride.

Esp Force for distance, early run Opto Striker for fairway, Z Drone for mids, Cryztal Zone for mid specialty wind putts. I usually stick with my pure for putts no matter what wind though.

Latest posts