• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heated Cart

So I guess I'll ask. What temperature facilitates a hand warmer? If it's actually that cold, there will probably be snow on the ground, which will render the cart useless anyway.

I'd probably work on my game more before working on a heater on a cart.

We have been in the mid 20s first thing in the morning, only warming up to the mid 30s in the afternoon.
We typically don't get that much snow around here.
Maybe a couple of inches at most.

Today test was great, I typically use hand warmers in my gloves.
Not today
I was even able to loose a couple of layers of clothes.

And for the record, everyone thought it was awesome to be able to warm up your hand and disc before you ddrive of the tee.

This is what it looked like all day.
Every time I walked away from it, I would find someone else all over it.

I am very pleased with the results.
Just a little bit of fine tuning and it will be perfect
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20151231_123156-1.jpg
    20151231_123156-1.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 349
We have been in the mid 20s first thing in the morning, only warming up to the mid 30s in the afternoon.
We typically don't get that much snow around here.
Maybe a couple of inches at most.

Today test was great, I typically use hand warmers in my gloves.
Not today
I was even able to loose a couple of layers of clothes.

And for the record, everyone thought it was awesome to be able to warm up your hand and disc before you ddrive of the tee.

Now you need a mattc propane fund.

Glad to hear it worked well, did you notice more heat output with the larger tank?

Now you need a mattc propane fund.

Glad to hear it worked well, did you notice more heat output with the larger tank?
i did notice a little bit more output, i only needed to run it on med.
mostly it was about the fact that it lasted all day.
Plus, with the tank out front, and down low, it made the cart a lot more stable.
Because I have my bag mounted so high, it's alway been a little wobbly on side hills etc.

I just did the math, with this being a 1 gallon tank, and the average price for propane being $1.99 a gal around here, it's actually cheaper to run than buying handwarmers

I just did the math, with this being a 1 gallon tank, and the average price for propane being $1.99 a gal around here, it's actually cheaper to run than buying handwarmers

The EnergyFlux rechargeable hand warmers are the way to go vs disposable.

I still think that triple head Mr. Heater would look bad a** though -- 45,000 BTU's max!

Nice, Matt. I just noticed this thread. Next time I know you're coming up here to play, i'm bringing some marshmallows. I don't think I'll be seeing you dragging that thing around Hoodsport Hills though, lol. :thmbup:

Nice, Matt. I just noticed this thread. Next time I know you're coming up here to play, i'm bringing some marshmallows. I don't think I'll be seeing you dragging that thing around Hoodsport Hills though, lol. :thmbup:

Nope, Hoodsport, nad, and Fairgrounds are going to have to be heat free zones

I thought about this cart tonight playing dubs in the dark. 28 degrees 20mph winds and that's warm for this time of year

This is what it looked like all day.
Every time I walked away from it, I would find someone else all over it.

I am very pleased with the results.
Just a little bit of fine tuning and it will be perfect
attachment.php

Judging by the look on that guys face...you guys should be thankful that there is no open flame on that thing!

Also you need to tell us about the vehicle in the first pics, it looks a lot more exciting than your bald tire DG cart :D.

If you take the screen off the Mr. Heater it'll be easier for the stoners to light their joints...

Also you need to tell us about the vehicle in the first pics, it looks a lot more exciting than your bald tire DG cart :D.
Its just an old chevy.

I ran the heater for 3.5 hrs on thurs, got the tank filled this morning, it used .4 Gal.
Used it for about 3.5 hrs again this morning, just got it refilled for tomorrow, it took .5 Gal.
So @ $1.89 gal.
it has only been costing
1 dollar per use :)
Way better than I could have hoped.

Attachments

• 20150531_142034-1.jpg
    20150531_142034-1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
You know you're addicted to disc golf when you worry more about your discs in freezing cold weather than your own self!

My friends think I am crazy when I bring my discs into their places after we play instead of leaving them in my car. You never know what those few hours in a cold car could do to my babies.

Latest posts